Morales Placed on Disabled List, Wipke Recalled from Rancho
SALT LAKE CITY (June 8, 2008) - The Salt Lake Bees announced today that the club has placed infielder Kendry Morales on the disabled list with a right oblique strain and recalled catcher Flint Wipke from single-A Rancho Cucamonga.
Morales, 24, has appeared in 45 games for the Bees in 2008, hitting .324 with 10 doubles, eight home runs and 37 RBI. He has appeared in one game for the Angels this season. Originally signed by the Angels in 2004, the Cuban native hit .294 with four home runs and 15 RBI in 43 games for the Angels in 2007.
Wipke, 25, has appeared in 16 games for the Quakes this season, hitting .321 with six doubles, two home runs and 10 RBI. He has appeared in two games for the Bees in 2008, registering one walk and one stolen base. The Louisiana, Mo. native was originally selected by the Angels in the 38th round of the 2005 draft.
The 40-21 Salt Lake Bees begin an eight-game home stand tomorrow night against the Tacoma Rainiers at 7:05 p.m. For more information about Bees season tickets, which start as low as $7 per game, please call 325-BEES or visit the Bees box office at Franklin Covey Field.
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 8, 2008
- Sidewinders Drop Series Finale - Tucson Sidewinders
- Morales Placed on Disabled List, Wipke Recalled from Rancho - Salt Lake Bees
- Geer Strong, Beavers Make Six Hits Work to Get Series Split - Portland Beavers
- Dee Brown's bases-loaded hits lead Salt Lake past Colorado Springs, 6-3 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Zephyrs blank Redhawks - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Haerther leads 'Birds by Express - Memphis Redbirds
- Isotopes Spoil Sounds' Sweep Attempt In Finale - Nashville Sounds
- Royals Game Notes - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Oklahoma RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Griffin, 51s hit jackpot against Tucson - Tucson Sidewinders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.