Moose Sign Bieksa to ATO
The Manitoba Moose announced today that they have signed defenceman Kevin Bieksa (bee-X-sa) to an amateur-tryout contract.
Bieksa, 22, has played in 34 games this season with Bowling Green University of the Central Collegiate Hockey Association (CCHA). He is second in team scoring with goals and 15 assists for 22 points to go along with 68 penalty minutes. In four seasons at Bowling Green, the Grimsby, ON native has played in 147 games, scoring 24 goals and 75 points and collecting 318 penalty minutes.
Bieksa was Vancouvers fourth choice, 151st overall, in the 2001 NHL Entry Draft.
American Hockey League Stories from March 24, 2004
- Moose drop Senators, 4-1 - Binghamton Senators
- Offensive woes continue in 2-1 loss to Ducks - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Ducks edge Griffins, 2-1 - Cincinnati RailRaiders
- Monarchs Beeched By The Penguins - Manchester Monarchs
- Griffins to host eighth annual Season Ticket Holder Party - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Brisson assigned to Muskegon - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Friday promotion moved to April 10 - Worcester IceCats
- Hutchinson Reassigned - Milwaukee Admirals
- Moose Sign Bieksa to ATO - Manitoba Moose
- Forward Reassigned to Peoria - Worcester IceCats
- Cavanaugh bobblehead mania spanning the country - Houston Aeros
- Moose Get Ready for "Legendary" Friday - Manitoba Moose
- The Rock Report - Toronto Marlies
- Luke Curtin Signs PTO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Cincinnati Mighty Ducks Game Day Preview - Cincinnati RailRaiders
- Aeros invite old friends to 10th regular season finale - Houston Aeros
- Columbus Recalls Komarniski - Syracuse Crunch
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.