Monarchs Sign LoVerde
MANCHESTER, NH - The Manchester Monarchs, the primary affiliate of the 2012 Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings, have signed defenseman Vincent LoVerde to a professional tryout agreement, announced Monarchs Director of Hockey Operations Hubie McDonough on Wednesday.
LoVerde, 23, has registered seven goals and 10 assists for 17 points and 15 penalty minutes in 27 games for the ECHL's Ontario Reign. The Chicago, Illinois native tallied an assist for one point (0-11) and two penalty minutes in 11 games between November 9 and December 4 with the Monarchs earlier this season. The defenseman tallied his lone American Hockey League assist and point against the Springfield Falcons on Friday, November 30. LoVerde appeared in 64 games for the Reign during his rookie, registering five goals and 19 assists for 24 points and 54 penalty minutes. The 5-foot-11, 205-pound defenseman recorded 36 points (6-3036) in four seasons (2007-11) with NCAA's Miami University (Ohio) Red Hawks. In 159 collegiate games over four seasons, LoVerde had a plus/minus rating of plus-67 and only missed four games during his collegiate career.
The Monarchs will return home to play the Albany Devils at the Verizon Wireless Arena at 7:00 p.m. on Friday, January 11. Catch all the play-by-play action of Monarchs hockey with Ken Cail on the Monarchs Radio Network WGIR.com and at www.manchestermonarchs.com, presented by Manchester-Boston Regional Airport.
American Hockey League Stories from January 9, 2013
- Sheahan's Two Goals Push Griffins Past IceHogs - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Fall to Crunch in First Home Game of 2013 - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Fall Short against Senators - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- B-Sens Defeat Pens, 3-1 - Binghamton Senators
- Crunch Best Amerks 5-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- IceCaps Recall Carrozzi; Sign Lunden & Petiot to PTO's - St. John's IceCaps
- Stars Weekly (week 14) - Texas Rides Three-Game Win Streak To Open 2013 - Texas Stars
- Falcons Announce Partnership With Link To Libraries - Springfield Falcons
- Whale Sign Shayne Wiebe to AHL Contract - Connecticut Whale
- IceCaps Recall Carrozzi; Sign Lunden and Petiot to PTOs - St. John's IceCaps
- P-Bruins Announce Roster Moves - Providence Bruins
- Houston Aeros Sign NHL Veteran Defenseman Paul Mara - Houston Aeros
- Regan Smith To Headline Race Night - Charlotte Checkers
- Crunch Announce Details of Tully's Good Times Air Hockey Tournament - Syracuse Crunch
- Monarchs Sign LoVerde - Manchester Monarchs
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Worcester Signs Patrick Rissmiller and Michael Wilson - Worcester Sharks
- Hogs Host Griffs at BMO Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Combs and Costello Agree to Terms on AHL Deals - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch Announce Details of Molson Canadian/Miller Lite Celebrity Bartending Series - Syracuse Crunch
- Cooper, Daniels Added to AHL All-Star Coaching Staff - Providence Bruins
- Rivermen Take You Can Play Pledge - Peoria Rivermen
- Marlies Sign Syvret to PTO - Toronto Marlies
- Syracuse Head Coach Jon Cooper Selected to Join 2013 AHL All-Star Classic Coaching Staff - Syracuse Crunch
- Jon Cooper, Jeff Daniels Added to AHL All-Star Classic Coaching Staffs - AHL
- IceCaps to Host Home Depot 'On the Bench' Hockey Clinic - St. John's IceCaps
- Phantoms Weekly - Thanks Brayden and Sean - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.