Missions add Inman, Demark; Herr transferred to Fort Wayne
SAN ANTONIO - The San Antonio Missions announced today that right-handed pitchers Will Inman and Mike DeMark have been transferred from Triple-A Portland. Left-handed pitcher Zach Herr has been transferred back to Single-A Fort Wayne.
Inman, 22, made 12 starts with Portland, going 1-4 with a 6.71 ERA (47 ER/63.0 IP). Prior to his promotion, he had gone 4-1 with a 3.05 ERA (15 ER/44.1 IP) in eight starts with the Missions in 2009. Overall, the 2008 Texas League strikeout leader is 16-12 with a 3.55 ERA in 43 starts over the last three seasons with San Antonio.
DeMark, 26, rejoins the Missions after three appearances with Portland in which he did not allow a run over 4.0 innings pitched. The reliever is 1-3 with a 3.14 ERA (17 ER/48.2 IP) over 46 appearances with the Missions this season.
Herr, 22, returns to Fort Wayne after allowing six earned runs in 3.1 innings across three relief appearances for San Antonio.
The Missions active roster now stands at 23 players.
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from August 1, 2009
- Albano & Conger Lead Travs To Victory - Arkansas Travelers
- Springfield edges Naturals Saturday - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Cards Edge Naturals for Third Straight Win - Springfield Cardinals
- Drillers Drop 2nd Straight - Tulsa Drillers
- ONEOK Field Suites Available - Tulsa Drillers
- Missions add Inman, Demark; Herr transferred to Fort Wayne - San Antonio Missions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.