Military Appreciation Weekend Begins Friday
The Alaska Aces are proud to invite their fans to participate in this weekend's Military Appreciation Weekend as the Aces host the Colorado Eagles at Sullivan Arena. The Aces and Eagles begin a three-week series on Wednesday night, and games Friday and Saturday will be specially themed to recognize members of the U.S. Armed Forces. Fans can purchase or donate tickets to current military members as part of the "Adopt-a-Patriot" program by dropping them off at the Aces office, Specialty Truck & Auto, or by calling the Aces office at 907.258.ACES. For more information, please visit the Aces Facebook page at www.facebook.com/alaskaaceshockey.
In recognition of our military members' service to our country, the Aces are proud to host Military Appreciation Weekend during the final two games of the three-game home stand. On Friday and Saturday, the Aces will be dressed in special, patriotic-themed jerseys, which will be auctioned off to fans after Saturday's game. Additionally, there will be representatives from all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces, and military guest speakers present at both games. This week will also feature the return of Alaska hockey legend, Scott Gomez to the Aces roster.
Any season ticket holders who would like to donate their unused tickets to a military member can do so by dropping them off at the Aces office. They can also call Specialty Truck & Auto owner, Keith Manternach directly at (907) 575-1637 to arrange to have their tickets picked up. Tickets can also be dropped off at Specialty Truck & Auto, located at 8225 Hartzell Rd. in Anchorage. If fans would like to purchase tickets on behalf of military members, orders can also be taken through the Aces office or Specialty Truck & Auto. All donated tickets will be used by active military members and their families.
Fans are also encouraged to join the Aces "Toy Toss" this weekend, as part of the U.S. Marines Toys for Tots collection. There are two ways for fans to donate new, unwrapped toys at the game. Fans can bring new, unwrapped, plush toys, such as teddy bears, and throw them onto the ice following the Aces first goals on both Friday and Saturday. Fans can also bring large new, unwrapped toys and donate them at the Sullivan Arena entrance. All toys collected will be donated this holiday season as part of the Toys for Tots program.
Don't miss out on your chance to be a part of Military Appreciation Weekend with the Alaska Aces this Friday and Saturday nights. For more information, please call the Aces office at 907.258.ACES or visit the Aces Facebook page at www.facebook.com/alaskaaceshockey.
ECHL Stories from November 13, 2012
- Alex Berry Recalled to Hershey - Reading Royals
- Defenseman Dan Ringwald Loaned to Thunder - Stockton Thunder
- Military Appreciation Weekend Begins Friday - Alaska Aces
- Field Trip Day, Knee Hockey Sticks, and Date a Condor this Week - Bakersfield Condors
- Wranglers Pick up Matt Carter from San Francisco - Las Vegas Wranglers
- This Week: Military Appreciation Night / Thirsty Thursday - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Elmira Jackals Hosting Food Drive this Weekend - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Transactions - November13 - ECHL
- Condors in the Community: Field Trip Day Is Finally Here - Bakersfield Condors
- Reign Announce 4-Game Holiday Pack - Ontario Reign
- Colorado's Costello Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Wings Stadium Kick-Off Classic Returns this Weekend - Kalamazoo Wings
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Elmira Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- Shalla Scores Twice in Cyclones Win over Stingrays, 3-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Merton Joins ECHL as Director of Marketing and Licensing - ECHL
- Stingrays Fall to Cyclones 3-2 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Titans Weekly - Trenton Titans
- Lee Named ECHL Goaltender of the Week Again - Atlanta Gladiators
- Gwinnett's Lee Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- ECHL Today - November 13 - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. South Carolina - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Close Road Trip Today vs. Cincinnati - South Carolina Stingrays
- Record tying offense lifts Thunder to 7-1-0 run in eight games - Stockton Thunder
- Stockton Takes 9-6 Wild One from Shorthanded Utah - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.