Mike Matheny to Throw out First Pitch
MEMPHIS, TN - Saturday May, 14 former catcher of the St. Louis Cardinals, Mike Matheny, will be signing autographs in the plaza of AutoZone Park from 5:00-5:30 and will throw out the ceremonial first pitch of the game.
Matheny, or "The Toughest Man Alive" as he was called, spent five years with the Cardinals (2000-2004) hitting .245 (475Hx1939AB) while collecting 221 RBI and 185 runs in 622 games. He was considered one of the great defensive players in the Major Leagues over the last several years of his career and was one of only three other catchers to play 100 games without committing a single error.
For ticket information call 901.721.6000 or visit memphisredbirds.com.
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 13, 2011
- Tacoma Earns Series Split with Saturday Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Rainiers Top Oklahoma City in Extras - Tacoma Rainiers
- Cats scratch out series win - Memphis Redbirds
- Zephyrs turn tables on Bees to earn series split - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sky Sox crush I-Cubs 19-9, win series 3-1 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Aces Welcome 1 Millionth Fan - Reno Aces
- Anthony Rizzo to Participate in Tucson Lymphomathon - Tucson Padres
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Tucson Padres - Round Rock Express
- P Erick Abreu to Corpus Christi, P Nelson Figueroa Joins Oklahoma City - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Mike Matheny to Throw out First Pitch - Memphis Redbirds
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Round Rock Rallies Past Tucson Again - Tucson Padres
- Round Rock Express Out-Slug Tucson 10-8 - Round Rock Express
- Aces Cruise to 11-3 Win Over Omaha - Reno Aces
- 'Topes Fall Short in Vegas 4-3 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Reno Roughs up Storm Chasers - Omaha Storm Chasers
- I-Cubs Split Double-Header at Colorado Springs - Iowa Cubs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.