Memphis Hustle Drop Third Straight with Loss to Erie Bayha
Southaven, Miss. - The Memphis Hustle fell to the Erie Bayhawks 117-112 at Landers Center on Saturday night in a game that featured 19 lead changes and 15 ties, marking the team's third straight loss.
Despite 17 turnovers that the Hustle turned into 24 points, Erie made up for the difference by shooting 53.7 percent from the field, just 0.1 percent shy of a season-high (53.8 against Greensboro; 11/14), including 10-of-16 (.625) in the fourth quarter. Memphis struggled from the free-throw line, shooting a season low 62.1 percent (18-of-29) from the charity stripe.
Kobi Simmons led Memphis in scoring for the third time this season with 16 points shooting 6-of-10 from the field. Grizzlies assignee Jarell Martin put up 13 points and Marquis Teague contributed 12. Memphis' bench combined for 61 points with Trahson Burrell and Ivan Rabb posting 14 points each. Dusty Hannahs contributed 11 of his career-high 13 points in the first half, shooting 3-of 4 from three-point range.
Bayhawks forward Roscoe Smith led all scorers with 29 points, shooting 10-of-14 from the field. Raphiael Putney recorded his second double-double in three games with 26 points and 13 rebounds, while Hawks assignee Nicolas Brussino (17), Jeremy Hollowell (10) and Jaylen Morris (15) all scored in double figures.
The Memphis Hustle will hit the road for a two-game set this Tuesday, November 28 and Thursday, November 30 as they take on the Agua Caliente Clippers at Citizens Business Bank Arena at 9 p.m. CT for both games. The next Hustle home game is next Saturday, December 2 at noon CT as the team takes on the Delaware 87ers at Landers Center. Tickets are still available and start for as low as $10. Fans can purchase tickets at all Ticketmaster locations, ticketmaster.com, the Landers Center Box Office, online at MemphisHustle.com or by calling (901) 888-Hoop.
The information contained in this message and any attachment may be proprietary, confidential, and privileged or subject to the work product doctrine and thus protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by replying to this message and deleting it and all copies and backups thereof. Thank you.
ECHL Stories from November 27, 2017
- KANSAS CITY RALLIES FOR 6-3 WIN OVER FUEL - Indy Fuel
- Railers Top Nailers in Feisty Affair in Wheeling - Worcester Railers HC
- Memphis Hustle Drop Third Straight with Loss to Erie Bayha - Utah Grizzlies
- Thunder Holds off Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Mingoia's Hat Trick Lifts Admirals Past 'Blades in Overtime - Florida Everblades
- Mingoia's Hat Trick Leads Admirals Past Everblades - Norfolk Admirals
- Nailers Home Point Streak Ends at Six Games - Wheeling Nailers
- Dekanich and Breakaways Fool Thunder - Reading Royals
- Admirals Sign Pompeo & Olivieri - Norfolk Admirals
- Verpaelst Recalled to San Antonio - Colorado Eagles
- Tulsa comes from behind in the third period to defeat Rapid City 3-1 in first game back for Head Coa - Tulsa Oilers
- Reading Plays Third Straight against Adirondack - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.