McDavid Named OHL Rookie of the Month for October
The Ontario Hockey League today announced that Erie Otters center Connor McDavid was named as the Kal Tire OHL Rookie of the Month for October.
McDavid collected six goals and six assists for 12 points during 10 games in October. Born on January 13, 1997, McDavid was selected on Wednesday to play in the SUBWAY Super Series, making him the youngest player ever to be selected for the event.
The third player to receive exceptional player status by Hockey Canada for early entry into the OHL, McDavid has had a strong start in his first OHL season. The rookie has a league leading 14-game point-scoring streak, leading all OHL rookies with 18 points (7g, 11a).
Last season, Connor Brown earned Kal Tire OHL Rookie of the Month honors for December. Other Erie Otters to have earned the accolade are Ryan O'Reilly, Joe Guenther and Carlo Colaiacovo.
The Otters host the Owen Sound Attack in back-to-back games at Erie Insurance Arena Friday and Saturday night at 7:00 p.m. For tickets, call 814-452-4857 or go to OttersHockey.com.
Ontario Hockey League Stories from November 1, 2012
- Pavelka Outstanding In 6-3 Win Over Knights - Windsor Spitfires
- Special Teams Working in Peterborough - Oshawa Generals
- IceDogs Blank Rangers 2-0 - Niagara IceDogs
- IceDogs Shut out Rangers 2-0 - Kitchener Rangers
- OHL Announces Top Performers of the Month for October - OHL
- McDavid Named OHL Rookie of the Month for October - Erie Otters
- BMO Ultimate Fan Appreciation Night Tomorrow - Guelph Storm
- Fast Facts for November 2nd - Kingston Frontenacs
- Attack Launch Movember - Owen Sound Attack
- IceDogs Fan Bus Trip to Mississauga Coming up Friday, November 9th - Niagara IceDogs
- Rob Freeman Crowned BMO Ultimate London Knights Fan - London Knights
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.