McAdam Reassigned to Bridgeport
The Bridgeport Sound Tigers, proud AHL affiliate of the New York Islanders, announced today goaltender Eamon McAdam has been reassigned from the Worcester Railers H.C. of the ECHL.
McAdam, 23, played 21 games for Worcester this season and went 8-8-2 with a 2.85 goals-against average. He also recorded a .912 save percentage, which ranks 12th in the ECHL.
A native of Perkasie, Penn., McAdam posted a record of 15-8-0 in 26 games with the Sound Tigers last season and placed third among all AHL rookies in win percentage. He notched a 2.90 goals-against-average, .897 save percentage and won each of his first seven starts, including his first career AHL victory on Nov. 19, 2016.
Prior to turning pro, McAdam played three seasons at Penn State University in State College, Penn. He recorded a career-best 13 wins, 2.98 goals-against average and .913 save percentage in 22 games during his final season in 2015-16. That led to a nomination for the Mike Richter Award as the NCAA's top goalie. McAdam also spent three seasons with the Waterloo Black Hawks of the United States Hockey League (USHL) from 2010-13. He earned MVP honors at the 2013 USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game.
The 6'3, 198-pound goaltender was initially selected by the Islanders in the third round (70th overall) of the 2013 NHL Draft.
About the Bridgeport Sound Tigers: Founded in 2001, the Bridgeport Sound Tigers Hockey Club is the top minor league affiliate of the New York Islanders. Don't miss your chance to take part in the family fun entertainment happening every home game at Webster Bank Arena.
American Hockey League Stories from January 20, 2018
- Penguins Maneuver Several Roster Moves - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Syracuse Crunch Partner with Syracuse University Sport Management - Syracuse Crunch
- Motte Returns to Chicago; Lough Signs SPC - Chicago Wolves
- Islanders Recall Johnston - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rangers Recall Tony Deangelo and Daniel - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sabres Recall Baptiste from Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Wolf Pack Sign Forward Chris Langkow to PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- JETS RECALL HUTCHINSON AND ROSLOVIC FROM THE MANITOBA MOOSE - Manitoba Moose
- Blue Jackets Assign Left Wing Markus Hannikainen - Cleveland Monsters
- SAN DIEGO GULLS TO HOST INAUGURAL DIVERSITY NIGHT - San Diego Gulls
- Olczyk Recalled, Anselmini Assigned to Fuel - Rockford IceHogs
- Syracuse Crunch Recall Forward Shane Conacher from Adirondack - Syracuse Crunch
- McAdam Reassigned to Bridgeport - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Dahlstrom, Highmore Named to AHL All-Star Team - Rockford IceHogs
- Monsters to Host Cavaliers Tribute Night at the Q - Cleveland Monsters
- Oilers Recall Pakarinen - Bakersfield Condors
- F Oskar Lindblom Added to 2018 AHL All-Star Classic - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- ROSTER CHANGES ANNOUNCED FOR 2018 AHL ALL-STAR CLASSIC - AHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.