Maybin to the Z's
Marlins top prospect Cameron Maybin was optioned to Triple A New Orleans after the Marlins loss Sunday in Denver. The 22 year old was batting .202 this season with the Marlins.
Cameron Maybin played in the 2006 and 2007 Major League Baseball Futures Game. He was originally a 1st round pick of Detroit in the 2005 amateur draft (10th overall). The Marlins acquired the prospect in the Dontrelle Willis, Miguel Cabrera trade in December of 2007.
The Zephyrs wrap up a road trip on Monday afternoon in Albuquerque.
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 10, 2009
- Maybin to the Z's - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Fresno downs Reno - Reno Aces
- Rainiers Get to .500 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Portland holds on for 3-2 victory before 6,048 on Mother's Day - Portland Beavers
- Pascucci towers 'Topes past Z's 7-4 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Z's lose 7-4 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Rangers' slugger goes 1-for-2 with a walk and run scored - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Split Sunday Twinbill In Omaha - Nashville Sounds
- Cubs top Redbirds, 9-2 - Iowa Cubs
- Sounds Homestand Preview - May 12-20 - Nashville Sounds
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.