Mavericks Sweep Weekly CHL Awards
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - Mavericks' goaltender Shane Owen and defenseman Dave Pszenyczny and have swept the weekly Central Hockey League awards this past week.
Owen, boasting a .924 save percentage through eighteen games, has been awarded the Oakley Central Hockey League Goaltender of the Week award, and defenseman, Dave Pszenyczny, has been named the Oakley Central Hockey League Player of the Week.
This is the third time this season Shane Owen has been named the Oakley Goaltender of the Week by the Central Hockey League. Owen held strong in goal for two Mavericks victories last week, stopping a total of 55 shots for a .948 save percentage.
Veteran defenseman Pszenyczny is the first Mavericks' player to claim this award this season, and finished his week with 1 goal, 3 assists and a +4 plus/minus rating as the Mavs captured 2 victories. "Pszenyczny is one of the steadiest defensemen in the league and has been a finalist for the CHL Most Outstanding Defenseman award each of the past two seasons," read the CHL release.
Central Hockey League Stories from December 23, 2013
- Shots from the Point for December 23, 2013 - CHL
- New Year's Eve Game in Allen Moved up One Hour - Wichita Thunder
- Tulsa Oilers Weekly News and Notes - Tulsa Oilers
- Chill to Host DASA Blues Sled Hockey Friday Night - St. Charles Chill
- Americans Guarantee White Christmas - Allen Americans
- Americans Move up Start Time of New Years Eve Game to 6:05 pm - Allen Americans
- Mavericks Sweep Weekly CHL Awards - Missouri Mavericks
- Missouri's Shane Owen Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - CHL
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Bid Farewell to Posa and Hood - Missouri Mavericks
- Missouri's Dave Pszenyczny Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.