Mavericks Open Playoffs Tonight in Wichita, Sign Amateur
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - The Missouri Mavericks and Wichita Thunder meet tonight in Game One of the of the Opening Round in the 2011 Central Hockey League (CHL) Presidents' Cup Playoffs at INTRUST Bank Arena. Game time is set for 7:05 p.m.
The best-of-five series will follow a 1-2-1-1 format in which the next the next two games will be played at Independence Events Center on Friday, April 1 and Saturday, April 2. Game Four (if necessary) will take place in Wichita on Tuesday, April 5 and a decisive Game Five (if necessary) will be played on Wednesday, April 6 at Independence Events Center. Tickets are still available for all three of the Mavericks' home games by visiting www.Ticketmaster.com, calling (800) 745-3000 or visiting the Independence Events Center Box Office.
After going 10-0-0 against the Thunder in the Mavericks' inaugural season, Missouri has gone 4-5-2 against Wichita this season. The teams last met three times in five days from March 18-22, and Missouri won two of the three games.
MAVERICKS SIGN AMATEUR
Mavericks' Head Coach Scott Hillman announced the team has also signed amateur forward Vern Cooper for the playoff run. Every team in the CHL playoffs is allowed to add up to two amateur players to the playoff roster.
Cooper, 20 (12/30/90), played this season with the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) where he accounted for 60 points on 25 goals and 35 assists in just 56 games. The Sudbury, Ontario native has played the last five seasons in the OHL for Plymouth and Sault Ste. Marie, and he has 217 points (94-123217) in 306 games. The 5-foot-9, 200-pound forward has scored 25 goals in each of the last two seasons with the Greyhounds. He will wear sweater #15 for the Mavericks.
Tickets are available for all three of the Mavericks' playoff games at the Independence Events Center Box Office, by calling (800) 745-3000 or visiting www.Ticketmaster.com . Visit www.MissouriMavericks.com for more information.
Central Hockey League Stories from March 30, 2011
- Mavericks Fall to Thunder in Game One, 2-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder Defense Stands Tall in Game One - Wichita Thunder
- Mudbugs Unveil 2011 Playoff Theme - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- DeCaro Named CHL Goalie of the Month for March - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Sher-Wood/CHL Goaltender of the Month Announced - CHL
- IceMen Weekly News - Evansville IceMen
- Playoff Roster Revealed, Coach Wildfong Suspended - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Sher-Wood/CHL Player of the Month Announced - CHL
- Thinel Named CHL's Player of the Month - Odessa Jackalopes
- Mavericks Open Playoffs Tonight in Wichita, Sign Amateur - Kansas City Mavericks
- RiverKings Playoff Away Game Watch Partie Announced - Mississippi RiverKings
- Thunder and Mavericks Open Playoffs Tonight - Wichita Thunder
- Perugini Added to Playoff Roster - Mississippi RiverKings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.