Marquardt Assigned To Reading
Providence, RI - The Providence Bruins, in their 18th year in the American Hockey League, announced that the National Hockey League's Boston Bruins have reassigned forward Matt Marquardt to the Reading Royals of the ECHL. With the move, the P-Bruins have 24 players on their active roster, including 15 forwards, seven defensemen and two goaltenders.
Marquardt, 22, is in his second professional season, spent entirely in the Bruins organization. The forward has appeared in 27 games for Providence this season, tallying seven assists, along with 19 penalty minutes and a minus-five rating. He has one multiple-point game on the year, a two-assist contest on November 14 at the Lowell Devils.
As a rookie in 2008-09, Marquardt suited up for 71 regular season games for Providence, registering nine goals and 13 assists for 22 points. The left wing added one goal and one assist in nine postseason outings after missing 11 straight games in April due to injury.
Prior to turning pro, Marquardt enjoyed four seasons in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League with the Moncton Wildcats and Baie-Comeau Drakkar. Overall, the North Bay, Ontario native posted 178 points (107g, 71a) in 235 junior games between the regular season and playoffs. Marquardt was selected by the Columbus Blue Jackets 194th overall in round seven of the 2006 NHL Entry Draft before later being traded to Boston for defenseman Jonathan Sigalet on May 27, 2008.
The P-Bruins battle the Springfield Falcons on Tuesday at 7 p.m. Providence is next home on New Year's Day, hosting the Bridgeport Sound Tigers at 7:05 p.m. on Friday for Kids Hat Night. Hats are free to the first 1,000 kids age 12 and under. To purchase 2009-10 season tickets, Flex Tix or individual game tickets, please call the Providence Bruins ticket office at (401) 273-5000 or log on to the team website www.providencebruins.com.
American Hockey League Stories from December 29, 2009
- Admirals Cruise To Win Over Rockford - Milwaukee Admirals
- Syracuse Sneaks By Texas 4-3 In A Shootout - Texas Stars
- Crunch End Slide with Shootout Win in Texas - Syracuse Crunch
- Monsters Comeback Comes Up Short - Cleveland Monsters
- Big First Sparks Rivermen Win Over Monsters - Peoria Rivermen
- Fat Tuesday In Milwaukee, Hogs Fall 7-1 - Rockford IceHogs
- Falcons Earn Point Against Bruins - Springfield Falcons
- Monarchs Caught In Dangerous Waters - Manchester Monarchs
- Season-High Crowd Winesses Admirals History In Spirited Contest - Norfolk Admirals
- Sharks Are Kings Of The Sea, Defeat Monarchs 5-2 - Worcester Sharks
- P-Bruins Defeat Falcons 3-2 - Providence Bruins
- Cloutier Released From PTO, Hogs Head To Milwaukee Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Jason Jaffray Selected To The 2010 AHL All Star Game - Abbotsford Heat
- Texas Stars Add Goalie Todd Ford - Texas Stars
- Krahn First Texas Star To Be Named To An All-Star - Texas Stars
- Scatchard Reassigned To Admirals - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sound Tigers' Katic Named AHL All-Star - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Senators Re-Assign Forward Ryan Keller To Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Bulldogs Say Goodbye To 2009, Welcome 2010 With Two Back-To-Back Series - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolves Honor Chicago's Police And Fire Forces - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals Forward Martins Karsums Named To Olympics - Norfolk Admirals
- River Rats Weekly - Albany River Rats
- Haydar Named AHL All-Star - Cleveland Monsters
- O'Reilly Selected For AHL All-Star Classic - Milwaukee Admirals
- Keller And St. Pierre Named To 2010 Canadian AHL All-Star Roster - Binghamton Senators
- Wolf Pack's Corey Locke Headed To AHL All-Star Classic - Connecticut Whale
- Couture And Groulx Named To Canadian AHL All-Star Team - Worcester Sharks
- Bryan Rodney Selected To Canada AHL All-Star Team - Albany River Rats
- Capitals Assign Semyon Varlamov To Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Cedrick Desjardins And P.K. Subban Named To The Canadian AHL All-Star Team - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Giroux, Gordon Named To Canadian AHL All-Star Team - Hershey Bears
- Ennis Named To Canadian AHL All-Star Team - Portland Pirates
- Ellerby Named To Canadian AHL All-Star Team - Rochester Americans
- 2010 Canadian AHL All-Star Roster Unveiled - AHL
- Charles Linglet Named To AHL All-Star Team - Springfield Falcons
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Crunch Sign Left Wing Rick Cleaver And Center Charlie Kronschnabel - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Set To Host Providence Bruins Tonight - Springfield Falcons
- Marquardt Assigned To Reading - Providence Bruins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.