Manzella Rehab Assignment Moves to Round Rock
Houston Astros infielder Tommy Manzella, who has been on the disabled list since June 24, will join the Round Rock Express in a rehab assignment Tuesday. Manzella has spent the past five days with Double-A Corpus Christi. He was 6-for-14 with one RBI and three runs scored in five games with the Hooks, collecting two hits in each of the last two games.
Manzella hit .212 (40-for-189) with one home run and 16 RBI in 59 games for the Astros this season before sustaining a fractured left index finger. He hit .289 (153-for-530) with nine home runs and 56 RBI in 133 games for the Express last season.
Left-handed pitcher Polin Trinidad was sent to Double-A Corpus Christi following Monday night's game. The move frees space for right-hander Jordan Lyles, who makes his Triple-A debut Tuesday as the Express host the Sacramento River Cats (first pitch at 7:05 p.m. CDT). Lyles will be the first 19-year-old to pitch in a Pacific Coast League game this season.
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 9, 2010
- Manzella Rehab Assignment Moves to Round Rock - Round Rock Express
- Peña Stays Hot as Beavers Knock off I-Cubs - Portland Beavers
- Round Rock Express Rally Past Sacramento 11-7 - Round Rock Express
- Royals Romp over Rainiers 11-1 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Portland Stops Cubs' Win Streak - Iowa Cubs
- Astros Recall Melancon from Round Rock; Option Wright - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- NPF Showdown Undergoes Changes - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Beat 51s, 10-5, End Four-Game Losing Streak - Nashville Sounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.