Mallards Team with Genesis for Pink in the Rink
MOLINE, Ill. - The Quad City Mallards will team with Genesis Health System for Pink in the Rink, starting with an ice painting event at the TaxSlayer Center Wednesday and continuing when the Mallards wear special edition pink jerseys during their home games Friday and Saturday nights. The Mallards begin a busy week at the TaxSlayer Center tomorrow night at 6:35 p.m. with the resumption of a game against the Tulsa Oilers that started on November 17 but was suspended during the second period.
Fans are invited to stop by the TaxSlayer Center between 12:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. on Wednesday to paint the name of a loved one affected by cancer on the ice in pink. Those names will remain in the ice for the Mallards' games Friday night at 7:05 p.m. against the Indy Fuel and Saturday evening at 7:05 p.m. against the Fort Wayne Komets.
The Mallards will hit the newly painted ice for their games against Indy and Fort Wayne wearing one-of-a-kind pink sweaters presented by Genesis that will go up for bid in a live auction immediately following Saturday night's match-up with the Komets. Auction proceeds will benefit the Genesis Health Services Foundation. Mallards jersey auctions have raised better than $800,000 for Genesis Health System charities over the last two decades.
Susan G. Komen, Gilda's Club of the Quad Cities and the NormaLeah Ovarian Cancer Initiative are among the nonprofit organizations who have joined with the Mallards, Genesis Health System and KWQC-TV6 for the Pink in the Rink effort and the Mallards have implemented a special ticket offer for the games Friday and Saturday to benefit those organizations. A portion of the proceeds from lower bowl (horseshoe) tickets purchased by calling the Mallards at 309-277-1327 will be donated to Susan G. Komen, Gilda's Club and the NormaLeah Ovarian Cancer Initiative.
Friday night is also $2 Beer/$2 Dog Night presented by 97X. $2 hot dogs and beers are available at TaxSlayer Center concession stands during every Friday Mallards home game. In addition, Friday is another MetroLINK College Night. The Mallards have once again partnered with Metro to provide transit service between Augustana College and downtown Moline during Friday home games. As part of Metro's unlimited ride program, Augustana riders can use their Augustana ID as their fare.
Admission to tomorrow night's resumed game is free. Action was halted with 12:08 remaining in the second period on November 17 in order for Oilers coach Rob Murray to receive medical attention. The game will be picked up tomorrow night from that point with the Oilers leading 2-1.
Tickets for this weekend's games- and all Mallards regular season home games- are also now on sale at the TaxSlayer Center box office, Ticketmaster toll free charge-by-phone ( 1-800-745-3000 ) and ticketmaster.com . The box office is open weekdays from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 5, 2018
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Mallards Team with Genesis for Pink in the Rink - Quad City Mallards
- Royals Have Wednesday Game Before 9-Day Break - Reading Royals
- Gladiators Weekly - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thunder Announce Roster Moves Ahead of Road Trip - Wichita Thunder
- Admirals Add 6'6" Defenseman Chuard - Norfolk Admirals
- 'Blades Let Lead Hop Away in 4-3 Shootout Loss to Greenville - Florida Everblades
- Parizek, Desrosiers Chosen as Fantasy Team and Golden - Idaho Steelheads
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Stevenson Wins Fantasy Vote; Starrett Selected as Team's Golden Goalie - Wichita Thunder
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop Weekly - Indy Fuel
- Mallards Complete Suspended Game Tomorrow Night - Quad City Mallards
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Komets Sweep Pair for Week 17 - Fort Wayne Komets
- Fuel Unveil "Hockey for Indy" Initiative - Indy Fuel
- Luukko Wins Royals Fantasy Team Vote, Muse Selected as Team's Golden Goalie - Reading Royals
- ECHL Announces 2018 Fantasy Team and Golden Goalie Participants - ECHL
- Colorado Drops Third Straight with 5-1 Loss to Americans - Colorado Eagles
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- THUNDER SNAP OILERS STREAK IN WICHITA - Tulsa Oilers
- MONARCH STUN BEAST IN OVERTIME, 6-5 - Manchester Monarchs
- INDY CLOSES ROAD SWING WITH 7-3 LOSS - Indy Fuel
- RAILERS COUGH UP TWO-GOAL LEAD IN 3RD PERIOD, THEN FALL IN OVERTIME TO THUNDER - Worcester Railers HC
- MONARCHS SQUEAK BY BEAST IN OVERTIME - Brampton Beast
- NAILERS SCORE SEVEN ON 90's NIGHT - Wheeling Nailers
- McCARTHY AND READING CAPSIZE ADMIRALS, 7-1 - Reading Royals
- Admirals Release Forward Allevi - Norfolk Admirals
- Hayden Hodgson Assigned from Cleveland Monsters (AHL) to the Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Reading's Muse Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Warning Heads to AHL with San Jose - Quad City Mallards
- Nailers vs. Fuel Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.