Mallards Fall in Worcester
WORCESTER, Mass. - Brock Beukeboom and Matthew Gaudreau provided a goal and two assists apiece as the Worcester Railers (17-19-5) defeated the Quad City Mallards (11-25-4) 5-2 Saturday night .
The Railers were on the power play when Gaudreau opened the scoring at 17:56 of the first period with a wrist shot from the left wing circle. The Mallards' Triston Grant tied the game at one from the doorstep with just 20 seconds left in the first.
Nick Saracino broke the tie and put the Railers in front for good by tipping the puck in at 6:21 of the second period. Beukeboom blasted the second Worcester power play goal of the game in off Mallard goaltender Ivan Kulbakov from the right point with just one minute, two seconds left in the second.
Chris Langkow's close range goal widened the gap to 4-1 at 3:48 of the third period. The Mallards' Brayden Low redirected a power play goal home 11:15 of the third but Quad City comeback hopes were snuffed out when Worcester's Matt Lane scored from the slot just 46 seconds later.
The Mallards next play on home ice next Wednesday night at 6:35 p.m. against the Cincinnati Cyclones. Fans can enjoy $1 10-ounce beers from TaxSlayer Center concession stands during all Mallards Wednesday home games this season.
Tickets for next Wednesday's contest and all Mallards regular season home games are now on sale at the TaxSlayer Center box office, Ticketmaster toll free charge-by-phone (1-800-745-3000) and ticketmaster.com.
The box office is open weekdays from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 28, 2018
- Eagles Score Five Straight to Defeat Steelheads 6-4 - Colorado Eagles
- Oilers Take Season Series against Utah with 3-2 Win Saturday - Tulsa Oilers
- Comanche's Career Night Not Enough against Fort Wayne - Utah Grizzlies
- Rush Doomed by Late Penalty Call - Rapid City Rush
- Monarchs Hammer Nailers, 5-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- DODDS LIFTS FUEL 5-3 OVER WINGS WITH STELLAR PLAY - Indy Fuel
- WINGS PEPPER FUEL WITH 56 SHOTS IN LOSS - Kalamazoo Wings
- Walleye Edge Beast in OT for Second Straight Game - Brampton Beast
- Glads Blank Ads 4-0, Snap Win Streak - Norfolk Admirals
- Mallards Fall in Worcester - Quad City Mallards
- Garrett Meurs Returns to Nailers from Manitoba - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.