Major League Soccer to be Featured on the New Reality Competition Series "The Job"
January 29, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) News Release
NEW YORK (January 29, 2013) - Major League Soccer will be the featured company in the fourth episode of THE JOB, airing Friday, March 1 from 8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT, on the CBS Television Network . Each episode features five new candidates vying for a job at their dream company.
Major League Soccer, which will offer an associate producer position at MLSsoccer.com, the League's official website, is the top-flight professional soccer league in the United States and Canada. Major League Soccer's 18th season, which kicks off on March 2, the day after "The Job" airs, features 19 clubs each playing 34 regular-season matches.
The executives representing Major League Soccer will be President of Soccer United Marketing, MLS' commercial arm, Kathy Carter; Chief Marketing Officer Howard Handler; Executive Vice President, Competition, Technical & Game Operations Nelson Rodriguez; and MLSsoccer.com Editor-in-Chief Greg Lalas. The guest companies for the episode will be Modell's Sporting Goods, FC Harlem and Sporting Innovations.
The following candidates will be competing for the assistant producer position with MLS:
- William Medina, 37, Urbana, Md.: Elementary School Teacher (English as a second language)
- Samantha Yarock, 28, Tenafly, N.J.: Associate Producer on a documentary for a nonprofit
- Mark Howland, 28, Portland, Ore.: Web Developer and Social Media Marketing
- Crystal Solomon, 28, Houston, Texas: Assignment Manager at local news affiliate
- Marc Torriero, 28, West Chester, Pa.: Unemployed
Hosted by Emmy Award nominee Lisa Ling, each episode of THE JOB will feature five candidates participating in several rounds of elimination challenges before a panel of executives as they compete for their dream job. In addition to the episode's featured company, representatives from three guest companies from related industries will have the opportunity to make an on-the-spot offer to one of the candidates who must decide if they will accept the offer or remain in the running for the highlighted job.
THE JOB is produced by Sony Pictures Television and Embassy Row. Emmy Award winners Michael Davies, Mark Burnett and Jay Bienstock are executive producers .
Major League Soccer Stories from January 29, 2013
- Whitecaps FC Start Preseason with 4-1 Win - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LA Galaxy midfielder Hector Jimenez ready to contribute in his third season - Los Angeles Galaxy
- San Jose Earthquakes Knock off Houston Dynamo 2-0 in Preseason Opener - San Jose Earthquakes
- Dynamo Blanked in Scrimmage - Houston Dynamo
- Chivas USA Weekly Update - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- D.C. United Academy Update - D.C. United
- Houston Dynamo, Newtown Kindness Announce Partnership - Houston Dynamo
- Timbers Defeat Rapids 3-1 in Preseason Opener - Portland Timbers
- Rapids Open Preseason with 3-1 Loss to Timbers - Colorado Rapids
- Chivas USA vs. FC Santa Clarita Storm Tomorrow in a Preseason Scrimmage - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Andy Najar Named to Honduras' World Cup Qualifying Roster - D.C. United
- Individual Tickets and Mini-Season Packages Go on Sale to General Public on February 9 - Montreal Impact
- Bengtson Called into Honduras Squad for WCQ - New England Revolution
- Timbers Weekly Update - Portland Timbers
- Major League Soccer to be Featured on the New Reality Competition Series "The Job" - MLS
- Kickoff Time for Dynamo Match vs. Sporting Kansas City Rescheduled - Houston Dynamo
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.