Maicon Santos Selected by Chicago Fire in Re-Entry Process Stage One Draft
December 7, 2012 - Major League Soccer (MLS) News Release
NEW YORK (Dec. 7, 2012) - Major League Soccer today conducted the Re-Entry Process Stage One draft.
The Chicago Fire made the lone selection, picking up forward Maicon Santos. Santos had an option declined, so he joins the Fire's roster under the terms of that option.
Players not selected today are eligible for the Stage Two draft, which will take place on Friday, December 14. The draft will take place via teleconference with all 19 clubs represented. MLS will release the results following the call.
Both Stage One and Stage Two drafts are conducted in the same order as the traditional Waiver Draft.
2012 MLS Re-Entry Process Stage One Results
ROUND SELECTING CLUB PLAYER Previous Club CONTRACT STATUS
1st Chicago Fire Maicon Santos D.C. United Option Declined Player
Player added to the Chicago Fire Roster
Major League Soccer Stories from December 7, 2012
- Sounders FC Announces Team Award Recipients - Seattle Sounders FC
- D.C. United, Maicon Santos Part Ways - D.C. United
- Maicon Santos Selected by Chicago Fire in Re-Entry Process Stage One Draft - MLS
- Chicago Fire Select Forward Maicon Santos in Stage-One Draft of MLS Re-Entry Process - Chicago Fire
- Galaxy Working to Bring Juninho Back for 2013 - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Impact Exercises Option on 11 Players - Montreal Impact
- Jeff Parke Traded to Philadelphia Union - Seattle Sounders FC
- Union Sign Defender Jeff Parke - Philadelphia Union
- Crew Re-Signs Midfielder Tony Tchani - Columbus Crew SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.