Los Angeles Lakers Assign Morris and Sacre to NBA D-League Affiliate Los Angeles D-Fenders
March 7, 2013 - NBA Development League (D-League) News Release
NEW YORK, March 7, 2013 - The Los Angeles Lakers today assigned Darius Morris and Robert Sacre to the Los Angeles D-Fenders, the Lakers' NBA Development League affiliate. The assignments are the record 143rd and 144th of the 2012-13 NBA and NBA D-League seasons. Morris becomes the record 55th NBA player to have been assigned to the NBA D-League this season, while Sacre is on his third assignment of the season.
Morris (6-4, 190, Michigan) has played in 42 games this season for Los Angeles, averaging 4.4 points, 1.7 assists and 1.2 rebounds. On Dec. 16, he tallied 15 points on 5-for-8 shooting from the field in a 111-98 win over the 76ers. He appeared in one game on assignment last season for the D-Fenders and scored 21 points in a 99-98 win over the Dakota Wizards.
Sacre (7-0, 260, Gonzaga) has appeared in 27 games for the Lakers this season, averaging 1.5 points, 1.1 rebounds and 7.2 minutes. He has played in four games on assignment with the D-Fenders, averaging 11.3 points, 6.8 rebounds and 31.0 minutes. He returned to the Lakers following a 22-point performance vs. Sioux Falls at the 2013 NBA D-League Showcase in Reno, Nev.
Both players are expected to join the D-Fenders and be available when the team hosts the Austin Toros on Saturday at 9:30 p.m. ET.
Lakers fans can follow the duo during their time with the D-Fenders by logging onto NBADLeague.com powered by YouTube to watch all of the games live, online, for free.
NBA Development League Stories from March 7, 2013
- Charge Acquire Pick from Red Claws - Canton Charge
- Red Claws Acquire Former Grizzlies, Cavs Guard Josh Selby - Maine Red Claws
- Los Angeles Lakers Assign Morris and Sacre to NBA D-League Affiliate Los Angeles D-Fenders - D-League
- 66ers Fall to Energy - Tulsa 66ers
- McDonald's High School Basketball Players of the Month Named for February - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- BayHawks & LECOM to "Salute Our Troops" - Erie BayHawks
- Liggins and Orton Assigned to Tulsa 66ers - Tulsa 66ers
- Oklahoma City Thunder Re-Assigns Liggins and Orton to NBA D-League Affiliate Tulsa 66ers - D-League
- D-Fenders Never Trail in Victory over Legends - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Legends Stumble in LA - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.