Los Angeles D-Fenders Reacquire Point Guard Horace Wormely
El Segundo, CA- It was announced today that the Los Angeles D-Fenders have reacquired point guard, Horace Wormely. Wormely was originally acquired by the D-Fenders at the start of the season, as a local try-out player and was waived in mid-December. To make room for Wormely on the 10-player roster, the D-Fenders have released guard, Gabe Pruitt.
"Horace is a great player and I am glad to see him back," said D-Fenders Head Coach, Chucky Brown. "He knows our system and works well with the guys on the team. I am very confident in our team's ability to get back on top."
The 5-6 point guard from Pasadena, California started in all eight games that he played for the D-Fenders at the start of the 2009-10 season. While with the D-Fenders, Wormely averaged 7.5 points, 4.4 rebounds and 4.1 assists in 36 minutes of play.
Prior to his stint in the NBA Development League, Wormely started for the Pasadena Slam (WCBL). He spent the 2008-09 season in Germany, where he played for TG Renesas Landshut. In Germany, he posted an average of 20.2 points, 3.5 rebounds, 6.8 assists and 2.8 steals per game.
Horace Wormely will join the D-Fenders as they take on the Utah Flash, Friday January 15 at STAPLES Center. Tune in to the NBA Futurecast at www.nba.com/futurecast at 3:30pm to watch the game!
To purchase your tickets for the next D-Fenders home game, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at 310-343-3110.
NBA Development League Stories from January 14, 2010
- Wizards Sap Energy In OT - Dakota Wizards
- Vipers Set Franchise Record For Margin Of Victory In Win Over Thunderbirds - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Wizards Hold Off Energy 139-129 In Overtime - Iowa Energy
- Armor Partner With American Red Cross - Springfield Armor
- Skyforce Acquires Terrence Gamble - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Los Angeles D-Fenders Reacquire Point Guard Horace Wormely - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- San Antonio's Hairston Reassigned To Austin Toros - D-League
- Lance Allred Returns To Idaho Stampede - Idaho Stampede
- Mad Ants On Versus This Saturday - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Stampede Add Coby Karl To Roster - Idaho Stampede
- 66ers Re-Acquire Former NBA D-League All-Star Chris Richard - Tulsa 66ers
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - D-League
- Red Claws Acquire Umass' Lowe - Maine Red Claws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.