Lookouts Trump Stars, 6-3
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. - After losing eight straight games, the Lookouts finally broke their cold-streak by beating the Huntsville Stars, 6-3, in Monday night action at AT&T Field. The Lookouts scored all of their runs in the second frame. Josh Bell hit a triple with one out and scored on a subsequent Russ Mitchell single. A blast off of the AT&T Field scoreboard in left by Lucas May gave the Lookouts a 3-0 edge. Doubles by Victor Mercedes, Justin Sellers, and Andrew Lambo, with a single by Adam Godwin in the mix, resulted in three more runs for the Lookouts. All of the runs were charged to Bobby Bramhall (0-2), who did not complete the second inning for the Stars.
Lookouts starting pitcher Josh Lindblom cruised until the fifth, when he yielded his only run of the game on a Donovan Hand RBI single. Lindblom (2-2) pitched five innings on the night, yielding four hits and no walks, while striking out four.
The Lookouts win, however, would not come without some dramatics, as Huntsville added two more runs in the ninth on a Shane Justis two-RBI single. With the tying run at the plate and two outs, Victor Garate entered the game and struck out Freddy Parejo to earn his second save of the season.
Chattanooga will continue with their five-game homestand against the Huntsville Stars at 7:15 P.M., tomorrow. Tickets for this games or any other Lookouts home game can be purchased at the Lookouts Box Office at AT&T Field, online at www.lookouts.com, or by calling (423) 267-4849.
Southern League Stories from April 27, 2009
- Braves to Welcome 1,000,000th Fan - Mississippi Braves
- Biscuits Walk Away With 6-5 Victory - Montgomery Biscuits
- Jaxx win 6-5 on passed ball in ninth - Jackson Generals
- Carolina tops Tennesse, 6-4 - Carolina Mudcats
- Top Prospect Parker Heading to Mobile - Mobile BayBears
- Biscuits Walk-Off with Monday Win Over Suns - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- BayBears Bounced by Barons in 2nd Straight Defeat - Mobile BayBears
- Errors prove costly in Smokies loss Monday - Tennessee Smokies
- Lookouts Trump Stars, 6-3 - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Stars' Win String Snapped - Huntsville Stars
- Diamond Jaxx Transactions - Jackson Generals
- Jacksonville Suns Transaction - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Southern League Names Hitter and Pitcher of the Week - SL
- Hughes Named SL Hitter of the Week - Montgomery Biscuits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.