Lincoln Named Tribe's Player Of The Month
INDIANAPOLIS -- Right-handed pitcher Brad Lincoln has been named the Indianapolis Indians' Player of the Month for May. He will receive at custom-made watch -- courtesy of Windsor Jewelers -- before Saturday's contest against the Columbus Clippers.
The 25-year-old earned three victories for the Tribe during the month of May and posted a 2.38 ERA (9 ER in 34.0 IP) while striking out 31 batters. Lincoln allowed only four walks in 34.0 IP and limited opposing batters to a .174 batting average against (21-for-121) in the season's second month.
The Texas native also flirted with perfection on several occasions during May, retiring the first 13 Rochester Red Wings' batters he faced on May 12 and the first 16 Toledo Mud Hens' hitters on May 17. All told, Lincoln tossed 20 perfect innings in five starts in May, accounting for 59% of his total innings pitched during the month.
Lincoln was drafted No. 4 overall in 2006 by the Pittsburgh Pirates, and, prior to the start of the 2010 campaign, was rated by Baseball America as having the "Best Curveball" in Pittsburgh's minor league system. Baseball America also ranked the right-hander as the No. 4 prospect in the Pirates' organization at the beginning of this season.
The Indians return to Victory Field for eight games beginning tonight against the Columbus Clippers at 7:15 p.m. Tickets for all Tribe home games can be purchased by visiting IndyIndians.com or by calling the Victory Field Box Office at 317-269-3545.
International League Stories from June 4, 2010
- Syracuse falls to Durham 4-0 - Syracuse Chiefs
- Bats bludgeon PawSox in Kentucky - Pawtucket Red Sox
- G-Braves hold off Yankees, 3-2 - Gwinnett Braves
- Bulls Shut Out Syracuse, 4-0 With Four-run Eighth - Durham Bulls
- Indianapolis Quiets Columbus 5-0 - Indianapolis Indians
- Big Ninth Lifts Bisons - Norfolk Tides
- Indiana Restaurant Chain To Be Featured At Concession Stands - Indianapolis Indians
- Red Wing Game Notes - Rochester Red Wings
- IronPigs To Host Miracle League Exhibition Monday - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons Place INF Daniel Murphy On DL, Add C Juan Centeno - Buffalo Bisons
- Lincoln Named Tribe's Player Of The Month - Indianapolis Indians
- IronPigs Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Toledo Walleye Schedule - Toledo Mud Hens
- Louisville Bats Homestand Highlights - Louisville Bats
- Hens Return Home on June 12 - Toledo Mud Hens
- Online Voting Underway for Triple-A All-Star Game - IL
- Dickerson Named Tides Interim Manager - Norfolk Tides
- Orioles Name Juan Samuel Interim Manager - Norfolk Tides
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.