Legends Split With Lakewood
APPLEBEE'S PARK (Lexington, Ky.) - The Rome Braves rallied for a 5-4 win over Lexington on Monday night to take game one of the four game series. Travis Jones kept the Braves in it with three home runs but Danny Brezeale was the hero with a walk-off single in the ninth inning.
Chad Wagler suffered the loss falling to 8-4. Wagler gave up two runs in 1 1/3 innings Beau Jones (5-0) was terrific for Rome. The right-hander worked three scoreless innings while striking out five.
Sloppy defense by Rome opened the door for Lexington in the third inning. Back-to-back fielding errors put two on with nobody out. Brandon Caipen singled to left field to load the bases.
With one out, Jordan Parraz cleared the bases with a double to right-centerfield. Max Sapp's single to centerfield scored Parraz to make it 4-0.
Rome got the runs back with Jones' power surge. Travis belted a solo home run in the third inning. Jones got the Braves within a run with a two run shot in the fifth inning. Rome tied the game on Jones' third home run of the game with a long ball to centerfield in the eighth inning.
Rome built the winning rally with a lead off double by Tyler Flowers in the ninth inning. Chase Fontaine was inserted as a pinch runner and moved to third on a ground out by Ernesto Meija. A bases loaded walk was issued to Brandon Hicks setting up Brezeale.
The Legends will play Rome on Tuesday night at State Mutual Field. Right-hander Bud Norris will oppose righty Chris Vines. First pitch is set for 7:05pm, Legends network coverage starts at 6:50.
The Legends return to Applebee's Park on Wednesday, August 8th for an eight game homestand beginning with the Charleston RiverDogs. The homestand continues with the Savannah Sand Gnats on Sunday, August 12th who will visit for a four game series.
The Legends have a lot of things for the fans to enjoy during the homestand including a visit from the ZOOperstars, Hall of Fame Night and of course another ADI Fireworks. Check out the full promotional schedule at www.lexingtonlegends.com for more details.
Tickets are available for all eight games. Call the Legends box office for more details at 859-422-RUNS (7867).
South Atlantic League Stories from July 30, 2007
- Intimidators and Shorebirds Rained Out, Doubleheader Tuesday - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Suns And Green Jackets Postponed - Hagerstown Suns
- Drive Sink Captains, 5-1 - Greenville Drive
- Homers Power Asheville Past Lakewood - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Power Lose Early Lead - West Virginia Power
- Legends Split With Lakewood - Lexington Legends
- 'Birds, Intimidators Postponed, Double-Header Tomorrow - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Rain Postpones RiverDogs-Crawdads Series Opener - Charleston RiverDogs
- Gnats, Greensboro Postponed - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Jackets, Suns Game Postponed - Augusta GreenJackets
- Yankees Shuffle Nunezes - Charleston RiverDogs
- Hagerstown Suns To Celebrate Asterisk Night - Hagerstown Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.