Larry Owens Rejoins Tulsa 66ers
TULSA, Okla., Feb. 5, 2011- The Tulsa 66ers, proud affiliate of the Oklahoma City Thunder, announced today that forward Larry Owens has rejoined the team after a GATORADE Call-Up to the San Antonio Spurs. Owens will be in uniform tonight for Tulsa when the team plays in Frisco against the Texas Legends at 7 p.m. CT.
Owens, who was named a D-League All-Star on Thursday, was the second player to earn a GATORADE Call-Up this season. He appeared in seven games with the Spurs averaging 1.3 points in 4.4 minutes per game.
Before his stint in San Antonio, Owens played in 23 games (all starts) for the 66ers averaging 12.7 points, 5.5 rebounds, 3.2 assists and 1.1 steals in 31.2 minutes per game.
NBA Development League Stories from February 5, 2011
- Skyforce wins battle - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Stampede Swept By Reno - Idaho Stampede
- Vipers Complete Season Sweep of Thunderbirds - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Wizards Crush the Red Claws - Dakota Wizards
- Landry, Sloan Lead 'Horns Past Stampede, 105-103 - Reno Bighorns
- Flash Drop Second Straight Road Game - Utah Flash
- Haynes, Stinson Fuel Energy's 117-94 Win Over Utah - Iowa Energy
- Tulsa Falls Short in Texas, 110-94 - Tulsa 66ers
- Daniels' Big Night Propels Legends To Victory - Texas Legends
- Jeremy Lin Recalled by Warriors - Reno Bighorns
- Wizards Acquire Center Chris Ayer - Dakota Wizards
- Larry Owens Rejoins Tulsa 66ers - Tulsa 66ers
- BayHawks Out-Shoot Toros - Austin Spurs
- Johnson Returns to Dakota - Dakota Wizards
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - D-League
- Austin Toros Make Trade with Tulsa 66ers - Austin Spurs
- Tulsa Announces Acquisition and Trade of Moses Ehambe for Third Round Draft Pick - Tulsa 66ers
- Bakersfield Wins 3-Point Shoot-Out - Bakersfield Jam
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.