Labelle Returns, Ryan Cruthers Signed
West Valley City, Utah - Utah Grizzlies Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Jason Christie announced today that forward Olivier Labelle has been reassigned from the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers to Utah and that Keith Johnson has been recalled to Bridgeport for the second time this year. In addition, Christie also announced the signing of forward Ryan Cruthers out of Robert Morris University.
The Grizzlies are a proud affiliate of the Sound Tigers and the NHL's New York Islanders.
Recalled to Bridgeport two weeks ago, Labelle scored his first AHL goal of the season in his recent time with the Sound Tigers. In 43 games with Utah, Labelle has 23 goals, 20 assists and 135 penalty minutes. Utah is 25-11-5-1 this year when Labelle is in the lineup.
Johnson, a 2008 ECHL All-Star and the Grizzlies current leading goal scorer (26) returns to Bridgeport for the second time this year. He played three games with the Sound Tigers in December.
Cruthers recently completed four years of college hockey, the final two with Robert Morris University where he finished this year as the team's leading scorer with 17 goals and 20 assists in 34 games.
The Grizzlies return home tonight to host Las Vegas at 7:05 p.m.
ECHL Stories from March 26, 2008
- Aces Edge RoadRunners 2-1 - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Grizzlies Return Home: Lose To Vegas 3-2 in OT - Utah Grizzlies
- Royals Smacked By Cincy, 6-2 - Reading Royals
- Wranglers Make History, Beat Utah In OT 3-2 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Inferno smoke Sea Wolves 8-3 - Columbia Inferno
- Blades see home win streak end with 5- 4 loss to Gwinnett - Florida Everblades
- Darling Dazzles in 2-1 Shootout Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Devils Rally For First-Ever Win In Elmira, 5-3 - Trenton Devils
- Gladiators Post 5-4 Comeback win on Everblades - Atlanta Gladiators
- Inferno Scorches Sea Wolves In Final Meeting - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Desharnais, Russell Each Net Four Points In Cyclones Win - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Devils Rally Past Jackals 5-3 - Elmira Jackals
- Wheeling Spoils Bombers Effort In Shootout 2-1 - Dayton Bombers
- Gladiators Sign Biondich - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Mike Mole Joins Islanders - Utah Grizzlies
- Chiefs' Final Full Weekend At Home Is Full Of Excitement - Johnstown Chiefs
- Hockey Stick and Puck Giveaway Night at The Nest on Friday - Bakersfield Condors
- Labelle Returns, Ryan Cruthers Signed - Utah Grizzlies
- Talbot Named Rbk Hockey/AHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Over $3,500 Raised For Make-A-Wish Foundation - Stockton Thunder
- RoadRunners Add Rookies Carter, Dmytruk - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Don't Miss Tonight's Game vs. Wheeling - Dayton Bombers
- Former Jackals goalie debuts in NHL - Elmira Jackals
- Ice Pilots Players to Battle Leaders of Crestview in Game of Broomball for Charity - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- LaCosta Is 352nd Player To Play In NHL After ECHL - ECHL
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Victoria Salmon Kings - Stockton Thunder
- Munce Reassigned to AHL's Norfolk Admirals - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- ECHL Today - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.