La Ley Radio Named as Official Spanish Language Radio Broadcaster
CHICAGO, Ill. (March 3, 2013) - The Chicago Fire Soccer Club announced Sunday that La Ley Radio (WLEY FM-107.9) will broadcast regular season Fire games and a weekly soccer show in Spanish beginning with the Fire's season opener against two-time defending MLS Cup champions LA Galaxy at The Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif. on Sunday, March 3 at 4:00 p.m. CT. Oscar Guzman will return for his eighth season as the voice of the Fire's Spanish-language broadcast.
"Partnering with WLEY FM-107.9 provides our club's vast Spanish-language supporter base continued access to the Chicago Fire," said Fire COO Atul Khosla. "A long term partnership with WLEY FM-107.9, a weekly soccer show and our digital content efforts in Spanish are all part of our plan to provide a wide array of Spanish-language content to soccer supporters throughout the Chicagoland area."
Guzman will anchor the Fire's Spanish-language broadcasts on WLEY FM-107.9. In addition to calling the games, the veteran play-by-play broadcaster and popular Chicago sports anchor will host a weekly soccer show, which will focus on the beautiful game in Chicago, MLS and abroad. Date and time to be determined.
Joining Guzman on the broadcasts is long-time Chicago reporter and FutbolMLS.com correspondent Raquel Ortiz. In addition to her time with FutbolMLS.com, Ortiz has covered the team contributing to the content of its Spanish website and other media outlets including numerous Fire broadcasts.
Major League Soccer Stories from March 3, 2013
- New York Plays to a Wild 3-3 Tie at Portland in MLS Season Opener - New York Red Bulls
- Chicago Fire Fall to LA Galaxy 4-0 - Chicago Fire
- Galaxy Shut out Fire 4-0 in Home Opener - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Philadelphia Union Prepare for Colorado Rapids - Philadelphia Union
- La Ley Radio Named as Official Spanish Language Radio Broadcaster - Chicago Fire
- Chivas USA Falls 3-0 in Season Opener - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Sounders FC Fall in Season Opener - Seattle Sounders FC
- Impact Wins Season Opener 1-0 against the Sounders in Seattle - Montreal Impact