LA Galaxy Make Six Players Available for Re-Entry Process
CARSON, Calif. (Monday, December 3, 2012) - The 2012 MLS Cup champion LA Galaxy announced today that the club has made six players available for selection in Stage One of the MLS Re-Entry Process. Goalkeeper Brian Perk, defenders Andrew Boyens and Bryan Jordan, midfielder Kyle Nakazawa and forward Pat Noonan all had their options declined, making them available for the Re-Entry Process. Forward Chad Barrett, who joined Norwegian side VÃ¥lerenga on loan in July, also had his option declined and will be available for selection in the Re-Entry Process.
The club may still sign their Re-Entry Process eligible players through 2 p.m. (PT) on Thursday, December 6. Additionally, eligible players may opt out of the Re-Entry Process before that time.
MLS announced today that the Stage One draft of the Re-Entry Process will take place on Friday, December 7 at 12 p.m. (PT) and the Stage Two draft will take place a week later on Friday, December 14, also at noon. The two drafts will take place via teleconference with all 19 clubs represented. MLS will release the results following each of the calls.
Both the Stage One and Stage Two drafts will be conducted in the same order as the traditional Waiver Draft, with the Galaxy, as MLS Cup champions, currently holding the No. 19 selection in each draft.
Clubs must exercise the option for, or extend a Bona Fide Offer to, all players selected in Stage 1. Players that were out of contract may either accept or reject the Bona Fide Offer. Should a player reject the offer, the drafting club will hold the right of first refusal for that player in MLS. Players with option years left on their contract will automatically be added to the drafting club's roster.
Major League Soccer Stories from December 3, 2012
- LA Galaxy Make Six Players Available for Re-Entry Process - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: December 3, 2012 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake Signs GK Jeff Attinella - Real Salt Lake
- Weekly Update: Rapids Players Begin Training with Derby - Colorado Rapids
- Re-Entry Process Eligible Player List Announced - MLS
- Whitecaps FC Exercise 2013 Options on Eight Players - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Chicago Fire Decline Options on Three Players - Chicago Fire
- Real Salt Lake Trades MF Will Johnson to Portland Timbers FC - Real Salt Lake
- Rapids Acquire Atiba Harris in Trade with Vancouver Whitecaps - Colorado Rapids
- Whitecaps FC Acquire International Roster Spot from Colorado Rapids for Striker Atiba Harris - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Timbers Acquire Midfielder Will Johnson from Real Salt Lake for Allocation Money - Portland Timbers
- Red Bulls Acquire Forward Fabian Espindola and Defender Jamison Olave - New York Red Bulls
- D.C. United Declines Options on Four Players - D.C. United
- Real Salt Lake Trades FW Fabian Espindola and DF Jamison Olave to New York - Real Salt Lake
- Timbers Decline Options on Palmer, Purdy - Portland Timbers
- Dynamo Acquire Defender Eric Brunner from Portland Timbers in Exchange for Allocation Money - Houston Dynamo
- Timbers Acquire Allocation Money from Houston for Defender Eric Brunner - Portland Timbers
- Sporting Kansas City Trades Michael Harrington to Portland Timbers for Allocation Money - Sporting Kansas City
- Timbers Acquire Defender Michael Harrington from Sporting KC for Allocation Money - Portland Timbers
- Red Bulls Acquire Defender Kosuke Kimura from Portland Timbers - New York Red Bulls
- Timbers Acquire Allocation, Homegrown Rights for Bryan Gallego from New York - Portland Timbers
- Toronto FC Acquires Justin Braun from Real Salt Lake - Toronto FC
- Real Salt Lake Trades FW Justin Braun to Toronto FC for DF Aaron Maund - Real Salt Lake
- Revs Announce 2013 Preseason Plans - New England Revolution
- Real Salt Lake Signs DF Chris Wingert and DF Tony Beltran to Contract Extensions - Real Salt Lake
- Real Salt Lake Declines Contract Options on Four Players - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy to host championship celebration on Monday night at The Home Depot Center - Los Angeles Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.