LA Galaxy Foundation to help host Thanksgiving dinner for 250 local children on Monday
CARSON, Calif. (Thursday, November 15, 2012) "" The LA Galaxy Foundation and The Home Depot Center Charitable Foundation will host the 10th Annual Foundations' Feast at The Home Depot Center on Monday, November 19, serving a complete Thanksgiving meal to 250 local children and families in need. An annual tradition at The Home Depot Center, staff from both organizations, including Galaxy players, will serve up a full Thanksgiving buffet, including turkey, stuffing and all the trimmings. Arts, crafts and other activities will also be provided.
The foundations will host families from Boys and Girls Club of Carson, El Nido Family Center, Koinonia Family Services, Los Angeles Children and Family Services, Masada Homes, Optimist Youth Homes, Penny Lane Centers, The Salvation Army Red Shield Youth and Community Center, The Salvation Army San Pedro Corps, and Union Rescue Mission.
The Foundations' Feast is made possible by donations from Bread LA, Bristol Farms, Coca-Cola, ESPN, Farmer John, FIJI Water, Levy Restaurants, Macy's, McDonald's, Melissa's Produce, Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County, Polly's Pies, Ralph's Gardena, Top Valu Markets and Two Chefs on a Roll.
LA Galaxy players Edson Buddle, A.J. DeLaGarza, Todd Dunivant, Sean Franklin, Rafael Garcia, Hector Jimenez and Marcelo Sarvas as well as additional guests
Staff from the Galaxy and The Home Depot Center
Additional support from Athlete's Performance, ESPN and Macy's
10th Annual Foundations' Feast
LA Galaxy Foundation and The Home Depot Center Charitable Foundation will host a Thanksgiving dinner for 250 local children and families in need.
Monday, November 19
4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
The Home Depot Center
American Express Stadium Club
18400 Avalon Blvd.
Carson, CA 90746
Major League Soccer Stories from November 15, 2012
- Galaxy Aware of Sounders' Ability to Score in Bunches - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Three Months After Joining Club, Swedish Midfielder Feeling Comfortable in LA - Los Angeles Galaxy
- "Backstage: Galaxy" to Premier Tonight at 5 p.m. on Time Warner Cable SportsNet - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Timbers Weekly Update - Portland Timbers
- LA Galaxy Foundation to help host Thanksgiving dinner for 250 local children on Monday - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Sounders FC Encourages Fans to Plan Ahead for Sunday's Conference Final - Seattle Sounders FC
- Experienced Dorman Returns to Add Veteran Presence - New England Revolution
- Whitecaps FC Announce Technical Staff Changes - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Impact Shuts out ACF Fiorentina 1-0 in Italy - Montreal Impact
- Earthquakes, Goalkeeper Jon Busch Donate $8,100 to Navy SEAL Foundation - San Jose Earthquakes
- FC Dallas Assistant Coach John Ellinger Retires from Major League Soccer - FC Dallas
- Federico Higuaín Named Finalist for MLS Newcomer of the Year Award - Columbus Crew SC
- Revs Named Finalist for MLS Xbox Fair Play - New England Revolution
- Dan Kennedy and Ante Jazic Finalists for MLS Awards - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- LA Galaxy Academy Teams Travel to Arizona - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Whitecaps FC Announce Preliminary Details for 2013 Preseason - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Whitecaps FC Striker Darren Mattocks Named Finalist for 2012 Rookie of the Year Award - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- D.C. United Academy product/Reston native Suliaman Dainkeh called into U-18 U.S. Men's National Team - D.C. United
- Sporting Kansas City Has Six Finalists for Major League Soccer Awards - Sporting Kansas City
- Sounders FC's Gspurning and Johnson Named Finalists for MLS Year-End Awards - Seattle Sounders FC
- Red Bulls Forward Thierry Henry Named Finalist for Major League Soccer MVP - New York Red Bulls
- MLS Announces 2012 Awards Finalists - MLS
- D.C. United's Nick DeLeon, Ben Olsen and Chris Pontius Named as Finalists for Year-End MLS Awards - D.C. United
- Fire Defender Austin Berry Named Finalist for 2012 MLS Rookie of the Year Award - Chicago Fire
- Toronto FC Declines Option on Six Players - Toronto FC
- Revs Re-Sign Andy Dorman - New England Revolution
- Christian Sady called into U.S. U18 Men's National Team camp - New England Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.