Knighthawks Fall Late To Rock
The Rochester Knighthawks yielded four fourth-quarter goals, falling to the Toronto Rock 11-7 tonight at The Blue Cross Arena. Josh Sanderson scored two goals in 26 seconds to break open an 8-7 game and hand Rochester its third loss of the season.
Rochester was led by Cody Jamieson, who had three goals and two assists. His second point of the game was the 150th of his pro career. He led a Rochester first-half comeback that erased a three-goal deficit. With the game tied at six after two quarters, Kasey Beirnes netted his second of the game to give the Rock a slim 7-6 lead in the third.
Garrett Billings (2+4) extended the lead to 8-6 with a power-play to start the fourth only to have Cory Vitarelli scored a behind-the-back goal at 2:08 to get Rochester within one. Midway through the fourth, Sanderson went to work scoring back-to-back goals to give Toronto a 10-7 lead. Goalie Nick Rose did the rest, stopping 41 shots and assisting on an empty-net goal by Cam Woods.
With the victory, Toronto moved into sole possession of first place in the East with a 4-1 record, while Rochester fell to 0-3 with the loss.
The Knighthawks will host the Washington Stealth on Saturday, February 2nd at 8:00 p.m.
National Lacrosse League Stories from January 26, 2013
- Minnesota Swarm Expose Steatlh, Win Home Opener 15-14 - Minnesota Swarm
- Knighthawks Fall Late To Rock - Rochester Knighthawks
- Philadelphia Wings Drop First Game of Season, 14-13 - Philadelphia Wings
- Rock Continue Winning Ways Away from Home - Toronto Rock
- Knighthawks Will Try To Turn Fortunes Around Tonight - Rochester Knighthawks
- Mammoth Falls to Roughnecks on Home Turf - Colorado Mammoth
- Roughnecks Defeat Mammoth 19-12 - Calgary Roughnecks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.