Kings Sign Kitsyn and O'Neill
LOS ANGELES, CA - The Los Angeles Kings, the parent club of the Manchester Monarchs, have signed prospects Maxim Kitsyn and Brian O'Neill, Kings President/General Manager Dean Lombardi announced today.
Kitsyn, a 21-year-old from Novokuznetsk, Russia, signed a three-year entry level contract. The 6-foot-2, 194-pound left wing appeared in eight regular season games with Nizhny Novgorod of the KHL (Russia's top professional league) last season (0-0=0, four penalty minutes). He also appeared in 29 regular season games with HK Sarov of the VHL (Russian junior league team) last season (9-3=12, 63 penalty minutes), and five post-season games with HK Sarov (1-1=2, four penalty minutes).
Kitsyn, a 2010 draft pick of the Kings (sixth-round, 158th overall), won a gold medal while skating with Team Russia at the 2011 World Junior Championship, and a silver medal while skating with Team Russia at the 2009 Under-18 World Championship.
O'Neill, a 25-year old from Yardley, Pennsylvania, signed a one-year contract. The 5-foot-9, 170-pound right wing appeared in 49 regular season games with the Monarchs last season recording 15 points (3-12=15) and 18 penalty minutes. He also appeared in four post-season games with the Monarchs scoring one goal (1-0=1) and collecting two penalty minutes.
O'Neill originally signed with the Monarchs on March 15, 2012. He made his professional debut two days later and played in 12 regular season games during the 2011-12 season with the Monarchs (1-1=2, four penalty minutes) after finishing his senior season at Yale University, where he served as team captain and was named NCAA Ivy-League Player of the Year. He also appeared in four post-season games with the Monarchs that same season (0-1=1, six penalty minutes).
American Hockey League Stories from July 10, 2013
- 'Canes Agree to Terms with Flood and Corrente - Charlotte Checkers
- Canadiens Re-sign Gabriel Dumont - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Kings Sign Kitsyn and O'Neill - Manchester Monarchs
- Sharks Sign Four - Worcester Sharks
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Defenseman - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Amerks Sign Three - Rochester Americans
- Anaheim Signs D Alex Grant to One-Year Deal - Norfolk Admirals
- Crunch Sign Evan Rankin to AHL Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- IceHogs Home Opener is Set for October 19 - Rockford IceHogs
- Sharks Sports & Entertainment announce Joe Will as General Manager of Worcester Sharks - Worcester Sharks
- Ducks Sign Veterans Stortini and Yonkman - Norfolk Admirals
- Griffins' Future on Display at Red Wings' Development Camp - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Beloved Wolf Pack Mascot Returns from Hibernation to Resume his Community Outreach - Hartford Wolf Pack
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.