Killer Bees Complete Trade with Mavs, Muncy to Missouri
The Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees of the Central Hockey League completed their trade with the Missouri Mavericks on Sunday afternoon. The Bees received defenseman Dominic D'Amour on Saturday and today the Mavericks will receive Bees forward Sean Muncy.
Muncy joined the Bees after a four-year career at Brown University and suited up for a season and a half in the Valley. During last year's campaign Muncy potted 14 goals and added 33 assists in 61 games. Muncy had 14 goals and 17 assists in 37 games this season.
"I would like to thank Sean for the time he spent here. I enjoyed playing a part in his development and wish him nothing but the best. He is great kid," said Killer Bees head coach Chris Brooks. "But we are always looking to improve our team and this move was part of it."
The Killer Bees are set to face the Laredo Bucks Tuesday night in Laredo. There will be a viewing party for Bees fans at The Office Bar & Grill where fans can watch the game. The puck drops at 7 p.m.
Central Hockey League Stories from January 16, 2011
- Jackalopes Weekly Update - Odessa Jackalopes
- Rush Lose 5-2 in Only Meeting with PrairieThunder - Rapid City Rush
- Brahmas Coaches And Players To Host Ladies Hockey 101 - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mavericks Acquire Forward Sean Muncy - Missouri Mavericks
- Killer Bees Complete Trade with Mavs, Muncy to Missouri - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Komets Swamp RiverKings 6-1; Dupuis Claims Records - Fort Wayne Komets
- Power Play Dooms RiverKings in Road Trip Wind Up - Mississippi RiverKings
- PrairieThunder Ends Three Game Losing Streak and Defeats Rapid City - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- IceMen Weekly - Evansville IceMen
- IceMen Weekly Notes - Evansville IceMen
- Komets Stop PrairieThunder 5-3, RiverKings Visit Today at 5pm - Fort Wayne Komets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.