Kickers Renew adidas Partnership
RICHMOND, VA - (Wednesday, January 9, 2013) - The Richmond Kickers are pleased to announce a renewed multi-year partnership with global sports brand, adidas. As the global leader in soccer and official apparel and accessories provider of the Richmond Kickers, adidas will outfit the entire Kickers player development program, from recreational to the professional team in the latest cutting-edge soccer uniforms and gear, while providing opportunities for coaches and players to develop their skills through international and national competitions and clinics.
"We are delighted to continue our longstanding partnership with adidas," commented Leigh Cowlishaw, Richmond Kickers Director of Soccer. "Both parties have worked hard to cement a deal that will provide unprecedented value and benefits to our Kickers membership. We look forward to showcasing adidas' world renowned brand both locally and nationally."
"adidas is committed to developing and supporting all levels of U.S. soccer from the grassroots to professional level, and we are excited to continue our partnership with Richmond Kickers because they share that same vision," added Alejandra Miller, Senior Sports Marketing Coordinator, adidas-America. "We see a great opportunity to grow both the Kickers and adidas brands through our partnership and have a positive effect on the soccer community in Richmond and the surrounding area."
Many new and exciting aspects highlight the partnership between adidas and the Richmond Kickers, including:
* The Kickers pro team will unveil the club's new home and away uniforms, featuring the new shield logo and customized Richmond Kickers font next spring. The club's 70 travel teams will wear professional replica uniforms beginning with the fall 2013 season.
* Kickers coaching staff will be outfitted in the latest adidas apparel.
* The Kickers and adidas brands will be visible throughout the Kickers' state-of-the-art facilities Ukrop Park and Hensley Park as custom signage will be featured along field fencing.
* The Kickers and adidas will collaborate to bring high profile professional exhibition matches to City Stadium.
* adidas staff from MLS and the collegiate ranks will visit Richmond during the summer to provide unique camp development opportunities for our members.
* The Kickers will work with the adidas International Training Program to provide international training opportunities for the Kickers most talented players.
About the Richmond Kickers
Established in 1993, the Richmond Kickers have consistently been one of the most successful professional soccer clubs in America. Over the past 20 seasons, Richmond has qualified for postseason play 18 times, making eight Championship appearances while earning three league titles (1995, 2006, 2009). Today, over 8,000 soccer players participate in programs sponsored by the Richmond Kickers and partner clubs. The Kickers provide opportunities for players of all abilities and unites soccer in the Central Virginia community while providing a clear pathway from youth to pro for aspiring young players.
About adidas adidas is the global leader in soccer and partners with the world's greatest soccer clubs and federations including Chelsea FC, Real Madrid, AC Milan, Bayern Munich, Spain, Mexico, Argentina, Germany and Japan. adidas is an official partner of FIFA, UEFA, Major League Soccer and the Confederations of African Football. adidas sponsors world-class athletes like Leo Messi, David Beckham, David Villa, Kaka, Steven Gerrard, Xavi, Frank Lampard, Andres Guardado, Jozy Altidore, Brek Shea, Fredy Montero, Chris Pontius, Graham Zusi, Juan Agudelo and Omar Gonzalez, among others.
United Soccer League Stories from January 9, 2013
- Kickers Renew adidas Partnership - Richmond Kickers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.