Khalil Greene to Springfield
The St. Louis Cardinals have announced that infielder Khalil Greene will be joining the Springfield Cardinals, as he begins a minor league rehab assignment.
Greene, on the Disabled List for the second time this year with what is being diagnosed as a social anxiety disorder, is set to appear for Springfield on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, as the Cardinals take on the Northwest Arkansas Naturals.
In 47 games with St. Louis, Greene hit .200 with five home runs and 19 RBIs.
Acquired in a trade this past off-season, Greene appeared in four games with the Triple-A Memphis Redbirds in mid-June, as part of his first rehab assignment. Greene went 6-for-15 (.400) with two RBIs for the Redbirds, then rejoined St. Louis for nine games before being placed back on the DL.
Your First-Half North Division Champion Springfield Cardinals open a four-game home stand tonight, taking on the Kansas City Royals Double-A affiliate, the Northwest Arkansas Naturals. Thursday night is Missouri Lottery Scratchers Giveaway Night at Hammons Field, as 1,000 fans ages 18 and over will receive a free Missouri Lottery Scratcher Ticket. Game time is 7:10pm on Thursday and gates open at 6:10pm. Don't forget that Friday is another AM Pyrotechnics Friday Night Fireworks Display. Tickets are always available by calling (417) 863-2143 or online at springfieldcardinals.com.
Texas League Stories from July 16, 2009
- Frisco Loses Late in Corpus Christi - Frisco RoughRiders
- Einertson Caps Wild Finish - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Cards Edge Naturals in Series-Opener - Springfield Cardinals
- Drillers Postponed - Tulsa Drillers
- Rain Postpones Travs-Drillers Opener - Arkansas Travelers
- Traveler Baseball Weekly Notebook - Arkansas Travelers
- Mount Activated from Disabled List - Arkansas Travelers
- Missions Place RHP Rolando Valdez on Seven-Day Disabled List - San Antonio Missions
- Drillers Back Home Monday - Tulsa Drillers
- Khalil Greene to Springfield - Springfield Cardinals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.