Kernels lose Bourjos to DL
The Cedar Rapids Kernels report today that outfielder Peter Bourjos has been placed on the DL with a ruptured ligament in his left ring finger. The announcement came from Tony Reagins, Director of Player Development for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.
At the time of his injury, Bourjos was batting .275 with one HR and 12 RBI for the Kernels in 25 games. He was also fourth in the MWL in stolen bases with 12.
No replacement for Bourjos has been named at this time. The Kernels roster currently stands at 24 active players with four listed on the DL.
Midwest League Stories from May 18, 2007
- QC Cannot Overcome Three-Run First Inning - Quad Cities River Bandits
- West Michigan Has Won Four In a Row - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Cougars Win Streak Halted - Kane County Cougars
- Chiefs Drop Third Straight To Snappers - Peoria Chiefs
- Chiefs to Welcome Two Famous Musicians To O'Brien Field - Peoria Chiefs
- Rodriguez's Slam, Turner's Hot Bat Lead Dragons - Dayton Dragons
- One more day until Ryno - Beloit Snappers
- Silver Hawks Slug Past Bees - Burlington Bees
- Lugnuts Combine On One-Hitter Against Wisconsin - Lansing Lugnuts
- Lugnut Combo Beats Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Kernels lose Bourjos to DL - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Fifth Third Field Hosts "Rock N Roll Triple Play" - Dayton Dragons
- Jose Lugo Headed for Disabled List - Beloit Snappers
- Malone, Alburquerque Return to Chiefs - Peoria Chiefs
- Nationally Known Acts Play Fifth Third Ballpark - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Rock-N-Roll Triple Play Coming To Memorial Stadium - Fort Wayne TinCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.