Karlsson Recalled to Chicago, Hogs Add Three
Rockford, Ill. - Chicago Blackhawks General Manager of Minor League Affiliations Mark Bernard announced four transactions on Thursday for the American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs.
Goaltender Henrik Karlsson has been recalled to the National Hockey League's Chicago Blackhawks, while forward David Gilbert and goaltender Kent Simpson have been reassigned to Rockford. Additionally, the IceHogs have signed defenseman Kevin Quick to a PTO.
Karlsson heads to Chicago after appearing in four tilts with Rockford since being acquired in a trade from the Calgary Flames on Jan. 21. The Swedish netminder holds a 2-2-0 record with the IceHogs, including a 2.23 goals against average and a .919 save percentage.
The Hogs have seen a total of 51 skaters go on to skate in the National Hockey League after donning an IceHogs sweater.
Gilbert rejoins the Hogs after skating in four more tilts with the CHL's Bloomington Blaze from Feb. 8 until Feb. 12, where he notched five goals and an assist. Appearing in 36 total games for the Blaze on the campaign, the forward has totaled 18 goals and 13 assists. The Chateauguay, Quebec native has also skated in six contests with the IceHogs this season, recording two assists.
Simpson rejoins Rockford after minding the net for the ECHL's Toledo Walleye. In 28 games this season with the Walleye, the Edmonton, Alberta native holds a 14-10-3 record, a GAA of 2.42 and a save percentage of .906. Simpson was named the ECHL's Goaltender of the Week for Jan. 28-Feb. 3. The rookie goaltender appeared in one tilt for Rockford this season, making 29 saves during Rockford a 6-3 loss to the Texas Stars on Jan. 21.
Quick, 24, has spent the 2012-13 campaign with the South Carolina Stingrays in the ECHL, skating in 52 games while posting 13 points (1g-12a). The Buffalo, N.Y. native has appeared in 173 career AHL tilts, accumulating 34 points (1g-33a) all with the Norfolk Admirals. Quick also skated in six games with the Tampa Bay Lightning during the 2008-09 season, tallying one assist.
Next Home Game: Saturday, Feb. 16 vs. Abbotsford Heat. Puck drop is at 7:05 p.m. The first 2,500 fans (21 and older) into the building will pick up an IceHogs floppy hat courtesy of Bud Light. The game is the second of four against Abbotsford on the season.
American Hockey League Stories from February 15, 2013
- Griffins' Mettle Shines in 5-3 Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bulldogs Bite Bears 3-2 in a Shootout - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Heat Lose 4-1 To Rivermen In Peoria - Abbotsford Heat
- Rampage Fall in OT to Milwaukee, 5-4 - San Antonio Rampage
- Rivermen Freeze Heat 4-1 - Peoria Rivermen
- Monarchs Melt IceCaps - Manchester Monarchs
- B-Sens Crunched by Syracuse, 7-1 - Binghamton Senators
- Amerks Fall to Houston on Hall of Fame Night - Rochester Americans
- Penalty-Killing Perfection By Joudrey, Russell Propels Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Whale take victory - Connecticut Whale
- Monsters Lose Lead Twice Before Losing Game - Cleveland Monsters
- IceCaps Downed by Monarchs - St. John's IceCaps
- Sharks Hit Road Block in Springfield - Worcester Sharks
- Crunch Dominate Senators - Syracuse Crunch
- Bobkov, Admirals Stonewall Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bruins Rout Sound Tigers 7-3 - Providence Bruins
- Devils Drop Decision at Adirondack - Albany Devils
- Bruins Power Past Sound Tigers 7-3 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Aeros Win Fourth Straight, Hand Americans 3-1 Loss - Houston Aeros
- Bobkov, Penalty Kill Lead Admirals to Victory - Norfolk Admirals
- Penguins Lend Their Support to Beads of Courage - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Rangers Assign Forward Chris Kreider to Connecticut - Connecticut Whale
- Syracuse Crunch to Host 'Fear the Beard Night' - Syracuse Crunch
- Eddy Recalled by Heat - Abbotsford Heat
- Karlsson Recalled to Chicago, Hogs Add Three - Rockford IceHogs
- Nashville Predators Send McGrattan to Milwaukee on Conditioning Assignment - Milwaukee Admirals
- B-Sens Sign Forward David Marshall to PTO - Binghamton Senators
- Nyquist to Detroit, Coetzee to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sound Tigers Set to Host "You Can Play" Night - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Senators Recall Three Players from Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield Vs. Worcester, Game #47 - Springfield Falcons
- Wolves Earn Point But Fall to Checkers 4-3 in Overtime - Chicago Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.