Kane Lafranchise Called up to Oklahoma City
Alaska Aces defenseman Kane Lafranchise has been loaned to the Oklahoma City Barons of the American Hockey League, Aces Head Coach Rob Murray announced on Wednesday morning. Lafranchise will travel to join the Barons in time for three games this weekend, while the Aces play three road games of their own. Alaska visits Stockton on Friday night and Ontario on Saturday and Sunday. The club returns to Anchorage to host the Ontario Reign on Wednesday, Jan. 9. Tickets are on sale now at the Aces office, Sullivan Arena box office, Fred Meyer Locations and online at www.ticketmaster.com. All Aces games can be heard on NewsTalk 103.7FM and 750AM KFQD. For more information, please contact the Aces office at 907.258.ACES, or visit them on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/alaskaaceshockey. The Aces would like to wish all of their fans and corporate partners a very safe and happy new year.
Lafranchise, 24, has spent his entire pro career with the Aces, spanning 131 combined regular season and postseason games. The Edmonton, Alberta native will make his AHL debut for the primary affiliate of the Edmonton Oilers. This season Lafranchise has 21 points (4g, 17a) in 30 games, leading Alaska defensemen in scoring. He is tied for sixth among ECHL defensemen in scoring. Lafranchise is also tied for fifth in both assists by defensemen and power play points by defensemen. He is tied for first in the league with two overtime goals this year. He has ended games with OT goals on November 16 vs. Colorado, and December 1 at Ontario.
Last year - in his first complete professional season - Lafranchise was a breakout star on the Aces blue line. He finished second among Alaska defenseman in scoring with 34 points (3g, 31a), and finished 14th overall among ECHL defensemen. He ended the year ninth in assists by a defenseman. He added five points (g, 4a) in 10 playoff games. Lafranchise led the Aces in plus-minus during the regular season, and finished second among ECHL blue liners with a +20 rating. The 6'1", 199 lbs. Lafranchise was still considered a rookie last year by ECHL standards after joining the team in February 2010 and remaining with the club for the rest of the season and playoffs. This year Lafranchise attended training camp in the AHL with the Lake Erie Monsters.
Prior to turning pro, Lafranchise played three seasons for the University of Alaska - Anchorage from 2007-2010. In his Seawolves career, the blue liner posted 33 points (9g, 24a) in 97 career games. Last season Lafranchise was also recognized by The Hockey News as the winner of the worldwide hockey "Name of the Year" tournament for 2012.
The Aces hit the road to open up 2013 in California. Alaska visits Stockton on Friday night and Ontario on Saturday and Sunday. The club returns to Anchorage to host the Ontario Reign on Wednesday, Jan. 9. Tickets are on sale now at the Aces office, Sullivan Arena box office, Fred Meyer Locations and online at www.ticketmaster.com. All Aces games can be heard on NewsTalk 103.7FM and 750AM KFQD. For more information, please contact the Aces office at 907.258.ACES, or visit them on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/alaskaaceshockey. The Aces would like to wish all of their fans and corporate partners a very safe and happy new year.
ECHL Stories from January 2, 2013
- Glads Open 2013 with 4-2 Loss in Fort Wayne - Atlanta Gladiators
- Torrey Mitchell Set to Make SF Bulls Debut Tonight - San Francisco Bulls
- ECHL Transactions - January 2 - ECHL
- Solar Bears Agree to Terms with Dan Dries - Orlando Solar Bears
- Forwards Knight and Randell Assigned to Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Condors Raise $13,650 with Varner Jersey, Kids in Free Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Pierro-Zabotel Selected as a Started for ECHL All-Stars - Atlanta Gladiators
- Condors vs. Idaho - Kids in Free Night - Bakersfield Condors
- Stretch Added to 2013 ECHL All-Star Classic Roster - Ontario Reign
- Royals Philipp Grubauer and Denny Urban Selected to Start in 2013 ECHL All-Star Game - Reading Royals
- Defenseman Nathan Deck Named Starter for the ECHL All-Star Game - Stockton Thunder
- Toledo Walleye Sign Trevor Nill - Toledo Walleye
- Starters Announced for 2013 ECHL All-Star Game - ECHL
- Orlando's Gendur Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Dan Gendur Named ECHL Player of the Week - Orlando Solar Bears
- Elmira Jackals Receive Pair from Binghamton - Elmira Jackals
- Kane Lafranchise Called up to Oklahoma City - Alaska Aces
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Utah Grizzlies - Stockton Thunder
- Nestrasil Named Plus Performer of the Month - Toledo Walleye
- Toledo's Nestrasil Is AMI Graphics ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - ECHL
- Smith Reassigned to Idaho from Texas - Idaho Steelheads
- South Carolina's Zapolski Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Zapolski Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Week - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Radio Network to Broadcast on FM 100.3 the FAN - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Today - January 2 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.