Kaminska Transferred To New Orleans; Squires Transferred To Jacksonville
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The Jacksonville Suns, Double-A minor league affiliate of the Miami Marlins, announced today that RHP Kyle Kaminska has been transferred to the New Orleans Zephyrs. In a corresponding move, RHP Chris Squires has been transferred to the Jacksonville Suns. Squires is available for the Wednesday game in Jacksonville, Fla.
Kaminska heads to the New Orleans Zephyrs after appearing in 11 games for the Suns in 2012. Kaminska pitched 21 innings with a 4-1 record, 3.86 ERA, 19 strikeouts, four walks and one save for the Jacksonville Suns.
Squires is back in Jacksonville after being transferred to Jupiter on May 8. Squires has thrown 11.2 innings with a 3.86 ERA, 11 strikeouts, five walks and one save for the Jacksonville Suns.
The Suns roster stands at 25, which is the maximum allowed in the Southern League.
Southern League Stories from May 9, 2012
- Stars Take Share of First Place with Victory - Huntsville Stars
- Castro Stifles Smokies as Tennessee Falls to Barons, 4-1 - Tennessee Smokies
- BayBears Shutout Suns in Jacksonville - Mobile BayBears
- Castro Leads Barons to 4-1 Victory over Smokies - Birmingham Barons
- BayBears Edge Suns 2-0 - Jacksonville Suns
- Gibbons, Stars Win Third Straight over Generals - Jackson Generals
- Biscuits Bake Lookouts, 9-0 - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Biscuits Crush Lookouts in Shutout Win - Montgomery Biscuits
- Kaminska Transferred To New Orleans; Squires Transferred To Jacksonville - Jacksonville Suns
- Wilkins' Homer Lifts Barons to 6-3 Win over Smokies - Birmingham Barons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.