Jr. Blues Host Michigan This Weekend
The Springfield Jr. Blues continue their 4-game home stand this weekend against the Michigan Warriors. The Warriors visitied the Nelson Center on New Years Eve and New Years Day where they were able to score 7 goals combined in the third periods. The Warriors come into the weekend 7 points behind Springfield for the final playoff spot in the North Division.
The Jr. Blues are coming off a weekend split at home against a very impressive Jamestown Ironmen team. Brett Skibba was the first star Saturday night, scoring 2 goals in the final 3 minutes to give the Jr. Blues a 3-2 win. Jamestown scored a goal with 10 seconds left to make the game 3-2, but was unable to tie the game in the remaining time.
The Jr. Blues will be wearing special Army jerseys thanks to our partners the US Army. The jerseys will auctioned off during both intermissions of both games. 6 players will be on display for a live auction and anyone in attendance can bid on their favorite players jersey. There will be a total of 24 jerseys auctioned off on the weekend.
Friday and Saturday night both start at 7:05 PM at the Nelson Center. Make sure you go to any local County Market to purchase tickets and avoid lines at the ticket counter! County Market also offers $1 off adult admission tickets.
To purchase a party box or get group rates please call 217-525-2589.
North American Hockey League Stories from January 31, 2013
- Wildcats Pounce On Jacks, 6-2 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Weekend Preview: Bulls Host Tornado - Amarillo Bulls
- Bobcats Renew Minot Rivalry with Home-And-Home - Bismarck Bobcats
- Ironmen Fall Short - Jamestown Ironmen
- Soo Vanquishes Jamestown in Shootout, 3-2 (2-1 SO) - Soo Eagles
- Kalamazoo Makes Multiple Trades for Home Stretch - Kalamazoo Jr. K-Wings
- Janesville Jets To Host Two Community Events - Janesville Jets
- Jr. Blues Trade Fazio to Kalamazoo - Springfield Jr. Blues
- Jr. Blues Host Michigan This Weekend - Springfield Jr. Blues
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.