Jr. Blues Drop 3 of 4
The Jr. Blues came off the short Christmas break by beating Topeka, in Topeka, 2-1. Mitch Rogge and Ryan Atkinson had goals for the Jr. Blues, while Matt Leon made 30 saves, including 2 huge saves in the last minute of the game. The next night, the Jr. Blues lost 3-1, evening and ending the season series at 4-4.
The Jr. Blues returned home to play Michigan Monday and Tuesday night. The Jr. Blues gave up 3 third period goals Monday and 4 third period goals on Tuesday, losing both games. Ryan Atkinson added a goal in each game, bringing his season total to 10.
The Jr. Blues are on the road for the next 3 weekends, as they travel to Port Huron this weekend. After Port Huron, the team flies to Alaska where they player Kenai River and Fairbanks. The team will be in Alaska for 12 days until they return home to face Jamestown.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from January 2, 2013
- Jr. Blues Drop 3 of 4 - Springfield Jr. Blues
- Janesville Jets Change Start Time of Saturday, January 5th Game - Janesville Jets
- Beau Walker Makes Commitment to Wisconsin-Stevens Point (D3) - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Rays' Report: IceRays Look to Rebound at Home - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Wings Weekly - Aberdeen Wings
- Blizzard Cap off 2012 with OT Win - Brookings Blizzard
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.