Jersey Auction for UAR Kicks off Saturday
The Rochester Knighthawks have teamed up again with the Urology Associates of Rochester to raise money and awareness for prostate cancer. The team will hold an auction beginning on Saturday, January 26th as part of the fundraising efforts to benefit Zero - The Project to end Prostate Cancer and The Lipson Cancer Center at Rochester General. The Knighthawks will wear blue jerseys on Men's Health Night on February 2nd to shed light on a disease that affects one in every six men.
The Knighthawks will host the online auction for the special edition team jerseys exclusively through gobuyrochester.com. The jerseys will feature autographs from various Knighthawks members. The auction will also include a special No. 14 Tony Stewart signed jersey. Join the fight by bidding on the Knighthawks jerseys, and learn about other steps you can take to help spread awareness and fight prostate cancer. The auction will conclude on February 2nd. For more information, call 585-454-4295.
On Saturday, Rochester will host Toronto in an East Division showdown at 7:30 p.m. The game is the first of three meetings between the two teams. The contest is a rematch of the 2012 East Division Finals, which was won by the Knighthawks.
National Lacrosse League Stories from January 25, 2013
- Swarm Come Up Short in Toronto 13-12 - Minnesota Swarm
- Rock Post Comeback Win - Toronto Rock
- Swarm Celebrating Its Fourth Annual Native American Heritage Night This Saturday - Minnesota Swarm
- Knighthawks Take Anti-Bullying Message To Geneva - Rochester Knighthawks
- Jersey Auction for UAR Kicks off Saturday - Rochester Knighthawks
- Go 'Freezin' for a Reason' with Mammoth Team in Special Olympics Polar Plunge - Colorado Mammoth
- Rush vs Stealth Tonight at Crystal Glass Field - Edmonton Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.