Jeff Suppan to start for Timber Rattlers on Saturday night
GRAND CHUTE, WI - Milwaukee Brewers pitcher Jeff Suppan will make a rehab start for the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers on Saturday, August 15. The right-hander will face the Beloit Snappers when the Timber Rattlers begin an eight-game homestand that could see the team break the franchise single season attendance record.
Suppan was 5-8 with a 5.27ERA in 21 starts for the Brewers this season before going on the disabled list with a rib cage strain. His last start for Milwaukee was against the Washington Nationals on July 27 at Miller Park. Suppan threw off the mound on Wednesday and was deemed ready for the starting assignment for the Timber Rattlers.
Midwest League Stories from August 13, 2009
- Two-Out Error Decides Marathon Loss - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Kasparek Tops Beloit - Beloit Snappers
- Chiefs Homer Three Times in 6-5 Win Thursday - Peoria Chiefs
- Rattlers Come Back For Win - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Loons Rally Past TinCaps, 6-4 - Great Lakes Loons
- Bees Lose By One to Peoria - Burlington Bees
- TinCaps Miss Chances in 6-4 Loss to Loons - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hawks Win on Conner's Walk-Off Single - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Dragons Fall to Caps - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons announce July Players of the Month - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons GameDay - Dayton Dragons
- Three Kernels selected to BA's 'Best Tools' list - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Jeff Suppan to start for Timber Rattlers on Saturday night - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Bees Timber Rattlers Suspended Game to Finish Game - Burlington Bees
- 'Caps draggin' after tough loss to Dayton - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Lugnuts Top Sloppy Silver Hawks in 10, 8-6 - Lansing Lugnuts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.