Jeff Marquez Recalled to Chicago
FORT MILL, S.C. - Charlotte Knights pitcher Jeff Marquez has been recalled by the Chicago White Sox. For Marquez, 25, this will be his first career major league appearance.
The right hander has had a solid season for the Knights going 7-4 with a 4.02 ERA (42 ER/94.0 IP) in 17 starts. The 6-foot-2, 190-pound Marquez allowed 99 hits, walked 31 and struck out 54. He went 2-0 with a 2.59 ERA (7 ER/24.1 IP) over his last four starts. Marquez made just 11 starts for Charlotte in 2009 before undergoing season ending elbow surgery. He takes the roster spot of White Sox pitcher Jake Peavy who was placed on the disabled list with a detached latissimus dorsi muscle in his right posterior shoulder.
The Charlotte Knights are the Triple-A affiliate of the Chicago White Sox. For ticket or event information, please contact the Knights front office at (704) 357-8071 or (803) 548-8050 or visit our website at for more information.
International League Stories from July 7, 2010
- Bats Take Home 6-1 Victory Over Tribe - Indianapolis Indians
- Durham Wins a Crazy Game Over Charlotte - Charlotte Knights
- PawSox Snap Skid and End Trip with a Win - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Bulls Rally To Beat Charlotte 6-4 - Durham Bulls
- Syracuse Loses 6-2, Splits Series with Buffalo - Syracuse Chiefs
- IronPigs Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- G-Braves Fall to Tides, 10-2 - Gwinnett Braves
- Jeff Marquez Recalled to Chicago - Charlotte Knights
- Bisons Notes - Buffalo Bisons
- Manager Larry Parrish Becomes All-Time Toledo Wins Leader - Toledo Mud Hens
- Andy Tracy Headlines Deep Derby Field - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- 2010 Triple-A All-Star Home Run Derby Participants Announced - IL
- Clubs Attract Nearly a Million More Fans Through June Than Last Year - IL
- USA Baseball Comes To Knights Stadium - Charlotte Knights
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.