Jeff Manship Promoted to Triple-A Rochester
NEW BRITAIN, CT - The New Britain Rock Cats made yet another roster move today, this time sending their highly-regarded RHP Jeff Manship to the Rochester Red Wings of the International League.
The 24-year-old product of the University of Notre Dame has been a reliable member of the Rock Cats' rotation since taking the hill for the club's 2009 Opening Day game at New Hampshire on April 8th. The San Antonio, TX native made a total of 13 starts for the 2009 Rock Cats, posting a record of 6-4 with an ERA of 4.28; the 6'2"/202-pound hurler recorded 45 Strikeouts in 75.2 total innings of work in the Hardware City this season. On May 3rd of this year he was named the Eastern League's Pitcher of the Week for his outstanding performance against Trenton in which he tossed 7-innings of 1-hit, scoreless ball. He finished that particular week with an ERA of 2.07 in two starts.
Jeff made his Double-A debut in New Britain on May 16th of last year after excelling at Class-A Ft. Myers, where he was named a 2008 Florida State League All-Star. The Boerne, TX resident finished his initial season in the Eastern League with a 3-6 record and 4.46 ERA.
The Twins selected Manship in the 14th Round of the 2006 Draft. He won a team-high 9 games in his final collegiate season at South Bend and was picked as a Third-Team All-American, in addition to capturing the Big East Conference's top Pitching honor. Ac- cording to the 2009 Baseball America Prospect Handbook, Manship is the 11th best prospect in the entire Minnesota organization.
The move is effective immediately and thus Manship - who was scheduled to start tomorrow night at New Britain Stadium against Harrisburg - will instead now be in uniform tonight with his new team, the Rochester Red Wings. This is his first promotion to the Triple-A classification.
Eastern League Stories from June 24, 2009
- Portland Lose 3-2 in Connecticut - Portland Sea Dogs
- Trenton Strikes Late to Nip Aeros 7-6 - Akron RubberDucks
- Trenton Rallies for Win - Trenton Thunder
- Curve Cruise to Win - Altoona Curve
- Jeroloman's Three-Run HR Leads Fisher Cats to 4-3 Win Over Reading - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- B-Mets Walk Off With Win - Bowie Baysox
- Seven-Game Losing Streak Ends Thanks to Davis Double in Ninth - Binghamton Mets
- Rock Cats Fall to Harrisburg - New Britain Rock Cats
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Altoona Curve...Game Two of Three - Erie SeaWolves
- Aerodynamics - Akron RubberDucks
- Altoons at Erie - Altoona Curve
- Nate McLouth Bobblehead Give-A-Way - Altoona Curve
- Jeff Manship Promoted to Triple-A Rochester - New Britain Rock Cats
- Baysox Transfer Rodriguez, Activate Perez - Bowie Baysox
- Baysox Celebrate Independence Day Early - Bowie Baysox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.