James Sixsmith Loaned To Bridgeport
West Valley City, Utah - Utah Grizzlies Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Kevin Colley announced today that forward James Sixsmith has been loaned to the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers.
The Grizzlies are the ECHL affiliate of the NHL's New York Islanders and their AHL affiliate in Bridgeport.
In 12 games with the Grizzlies this year, Sixsmith has tallied seven goals and 14 assists for 21 points. He leads the ECHL with a plus-13 and is fifth overall in scoring in the league.
Sixsmith joins the Sound Tigers for the third time in four years after spending 18 of his 42 total AHL games last year there. The Virginia native also played with the AHL's Milwaukee Admirals last year, while also logging 12 goals and 15 assists for 27 points in 31 games with Utah.
The Grizzlies return to the E-Center Friday and Saturday at 7 and Sunday at 4 to host the Las Vegas Wranglers.
Utah is in their fifth season in the ECHL and their third-straight campaign as an affiliate of the New York Islanders. On September 16, 2009 the Grizzlies announced that they will also be adding up to four prospects this season from the Calgary Flames. Head Coach Kevin Colley returns to the Utah bench this upcoming season after signing a multi-year contract extension on April 20, 2009. Colley, who at the age of 30 is the youngest coach in the ECHL, led the Grizzlies to the playoffs for the third time in four years during his rookie head coaching campaign.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 16, 2009
- Reign To Reschedule Two Upcoming Events - Ontario Reign
- Thunder Visits Ontario Friday, Saturday - Stockton Thunder
- Ryan Kinasewich Loaned To Hamilton - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors In The Community: Macenauer At Nichols Elementary On Tuesday - Bakersfield Condors
- Salmon Kings And Heat Swap Goaltenders - Victoria Salmon Kings
- James Sixsmith Loaned To Bridgeport - Utah Grizzlies
- AHL Sends One, Takes One From Idaho - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- K-Wings, Steelheads, Stingrays Lead League - ECHL
- Condors Open Six-Game Homestand Wednesday - Bakersfield Condors
- Nailers Hit The Road This Weekend - Wheeling Nailers
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Jackals Host Wheeling After Record-Setting Week - Elmira Jackals
- School Day Game Tuesday - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Weekly Arrowhead - Johnstown Chiefs
- 8-4 Grizzlies Home Friday, Saturday, Sunday - Utah Grizzlies
- Royals Weekly - Reading Royals
- Perfect Week At Home - Florida Everblades
- Gladiators Weekly Report - Atlanta Gladiators
- Stingrays Reach Season-High Nine Game Unbeaten Streak - South Carolina Stingrays
- Letestu Becomes 418th ECHL Player To Reach NHL - ECHL
- Toledo Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Grant And Haddad Get The Call - Wheeling Nailers
- 40th Nailer Makes It To NHL - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.