Jam Trade for JamesOn Curry
BAKERSFIELD, January 2, 2014 - The Bakersfield Jam today acquired guard JamesOn Curry from the Springfield Armor in exchange for Bakersfield's 3rd round pick in the 2014 NBA D-League Draft.
"We are excited to add JamesOn to our team," said head coach Will Voigt. "He is a talented player that will be a great addition to our group."
Curry (6-4, 200, Oklahoma State) has played in four seasons with Springfield and was averaging 7.3 points and 3.7 assists in 27.3 minutes so far this season.
The Pleasant Grove, NC-native was originally drafted by the Chicago Bulls in the second round (51st overall) of the 2007 NBA Draft. Curry has played overseas in France, Cyprus, Italy and Venezuela. In addition, the Oklahoma State product had a stint with the Iowa Energy (2007-2009) where he played a total of 29 games.
Curry played three years at Oklahoma State and in his last year he averaged 17.3 points, 3.7 assists, 3.2 rebounds and 1.2 steals in 37.0 minutes.
Curry will wear number 17 and is expected to be in uniform for tonight's game when the Jam host the Canton Charge at 7:00 p.m. PST.
NBA Development League Stories from January 2, 2014
- 66ers Fall to Red Claws - Tulsa 66ers
- Onuaku out for Charge - Canton Charge
- Armor Trade Guard JamesOn Curry to Bakersfield - Springfield Armor
- Jam Trade for JamesOn Curry - Bakersfield Jam
- Iowa's Othyus Jeffers Named NBA Development League Player of the Month - Iowa Energy
- Iowa's Othyus Jeffers Named NBA Development League Player of the Month - D-League
- Iowa Energy and Goodwill Team up on January 18th - Iowa Energy
- Charge Acquire Czyz from Mad Ants - Canton Charge
- Mad Ants Trade Czyz to Canton - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.