Jackalopes Remove Four from Roster
ODESSA, TX - The Odessa Jackalopes made some changes to their training camp roster with the release of four players today. Defensemen Ryan Ramage and Chris Clark were let go by the team, along with forwards Jordan Chong and Troy Ofukany.
Ramage, Clark, and Chong were all newcomers to the Jackalopes at the start of camp. Ofukany (oh-FOO-kuh-nee) was back with the team after being acquired midway through last season from the Wichita Thunder. Ofukany recorded five goals and four assists in 31 career games with Odessa.
Forward Jean Bourbeau and goaltender Joel Martin continue to remain with Odessa's American Hockey League affiliate, the Bridgeport Sound Tigers. Both players will be in uniform this weekend for both of Bridgeport's games.
The Jackalopes begin the 2010-11 Central Hockey League season this Friday, when they visit the Missouri Mavericks.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team will begin its 14th season in the Permian Basin in October 2010. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-PUCK or visiting jackalopes.org.
Central Hockey League Stories from October 13, 2010
- Mallards Sign Preece; Degagne, Desmarais Waived - Quad City Mallards
- Roster Approaches Opening Night Limit - Tulsa Oilers
- Sundogs Announce Marketing Affiliation with NHL's Phoenix Coyotes - Arizona Sundogs
- Face off luncheon details - Tulsa Oilers
- Toddington Traded to Bloomington - Mississippi RiverKings
- IceMen Prepare for Inaugural in Dayton Saturday Night - Evansville IceMen
- Jackalopes Remove Four from Roster - Odessa Jackalopes
- Mudbugs Hockey Back on KWKH and KEEL - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- RiverKings Broadcast Schedule for Weekend Announced - Mississippi RiverKings
- Sundogs Waive Jarman, Nelson and Taylor - Arizona Sundogs
- Thunder Adds Gale - Wichita Thunder
- Bucks Insider Replay Saturday on Fox 39 - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.