Isotopes Take Series Opener, 6-1
Oklahoma City, Okla. - Former Oklahoma State standout Josh Fields drove in two runs on two hits and Alex Castellanos belted two home runs and led the Albuquerque Isotopes (9-8) to a 6-1 win over the Oklahoma City RedHawks (12-5) before 7,170 Saturday night at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
Albuquerque starter Michael Antonini (1-0) allowed one earned run and four hits with one walk and seven strikeouts in five and two-thirds innings in a winning decision. Aneury Rodriguez (1-2) allowed six runs, five earned, with six hits, four walks and five strikeouts in three and two-thirds innings in a losing decision.
The Isotopes opened the scoring in the first inning when Castellanos belted a solo home run to left field for a 1-0 score. The RedHawks countered in the bottom of the frame when Brian Bixler doubled, moved to third on a groundout and scored on a Fernando Martinez sacrifice fly for a 1-1 score.
Albuquerque took the lead for good with a four run third inning. Castellanos started the scoring with a one-out, solo home run, his second in the game, for a 2-1 game. Jerry Sands next walked and scored on a Josh Fields double for a 3-1 score. Tim Federowicz later doubled in a pair of runs and opened a 5-1 Albuquerque lead.
The Isotopes added a sixth and final run in the fourth inning when Fields singled in Elian Herrera with two out for a 6-1 score.
RH Ross Seaton will make his Oklahoma City RedHawks debut on the mound Sunday at 2:05 p.m. against Albuquerque RH Stephen Fife. Tickets are available through the RedHawks box office at 405-218-1000 or by visiting okcredhawks.com. Live radio coverage is available on AM 1340 The Game, 1340thegame.com and on the IHeartRadio application.
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 22, 2012
- Bees Whip Pads, 16-1 - Tucson Padres
- Isotopes Take Sunday Marathon, 11-10 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Isotopes Outlast 'Hawks 11-10 in 14 Innings for Sixth Straight Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rainiers Fall To Fresno, 10-3 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Carter's Three-Homer Day Lifts Cats to 12-4 Win over Reno - Sacramento River Cats
- River Cats Top Aces, 12-4 - Reno Aces
- Round Rock's Hitting Overpowers Zephyrs 10-0 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Storm Chasers Squeeze Past the Sounds on Sunday - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Powers Past New Orleans 10-0 - Round Rock Express
- Sounds' Losing Skid Hits Seven with 2-1 Loss in Omaha - Nashville Sounds
- Stellar Rusin Lifts Iowa to Victory - Iowa Cubs
- Cubs Recall Pitcher Randy Wells from Iowa - Iowa Cubs
- Tucson win over Salt Lake - Tucson Padres
- Rainiers' Series Opener Foiled By Fresno - Tacoma Rainiers
- 'Walk to London' Arrives in Tacoma - Tacoma Rainiers
- Storm Chasers Defeat the Sounds, 6-5, in 13 Innings - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Bullpen Struggles in Loss to Memphis - Iowa Cubs
- Sounds Lose Extra-Inning Contest in Omaha, 6-5 - Nashville Sounds
- Parker, Bullpen Combine for Two-Hitter; River Cats Beat Aces, 6-0 - Sacramento River Cats
- Aces Blanked by River Cats, 6-0 - Reno Aces
- 'Topes Win Fifth Straight with 6-1 Victory Over RedHawks - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Isotopes Take Series Opener, 6-1 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.