Inman Named Texas League Pitcher Of The Week
Texas League President Tom Kayser announced that Will Inman was named the Texas League Pitcher of the Week for the week of April 3 - April 13. The first week of the season consists of the first half week and the first full week of the season (11 days). This is the first ever honor for Inman in the Texas League.
Inman tossed five shutout innings against the Northwest Arkansas Naturals in San Antonio on April 4 giving the Missions their first victory of the season. Inman allowed three hits and struck out five in the 3-0 win over the Naturals. On April 10, Inman repeated his performance of tossing five shutout innings again against the Naturals in their first ever game at Arvest Ballpark. That night Inman held the Naturals to just one hit and four strikeouts to give the Missions the 7-1 victory.
The 21-year-old Virginia native was originally drafted by the Milwaukee Brewers in the 3rd round of the 2005 draft. Last season, Inman was traded to the Padres organization in exchange for Scott Linebrink. Inman joined the Missions last season and was 3-3 4.17 ERA and helped lead the Missions to 2007 Texas League Championship. Inman struck out 180 batters in 159.1 innings last season and finished second in all of Minor League Baseball. Inman was rated the San Diego Padres 7th best prospect by Baseball America this pre-season.
This is the second straight season that the Missions have had a pitcher win Texas League Pitcher of the Week honors in the first week of the season. Last year LHP Sean Thompson earned the honors and the Missions were honored a total of five times with Cesar Ramos and Josh Geer each picking up the honor twice during the year.
The Missions return home to action on Thursday as the Midland RockHounds come to town for a four game set. Game time Thursday is 7:05 pm and tickets can be purchased online or at the Missions Box Office.
Texas League Stories from April 14, 2008
- Frisco Takes Two From Travs - Arkansas Travelers
- Long Ball Dooms Naturals Monday - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Missions Top Drillers 4-2 - Tulsa Drillers
- Anderson's Blast in 10th Gives Cards Win - Springfield Cardinals
- Peterson to DL; Crist Activated - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Inman Named Texas League Pitcher Of The Week - San Antonio Missions
- Travs Host Cabot/Jacksonville Night Thursday - Arkansas Travelers
- Jesus Guzman Named Player of the Week - Midland RockHounds
- Peel Out With Fractured Clavicle - Arkansas Travelers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.