Indians trade Bisons' Mulhern/Reichert to Pittsburgh
The Cleveland Indians today announced that they have traded Bisons INF Ryan Mulhern and RHP Dan Reichert to the Pittsburgh Pirates for a player to be named later or cash considerations.
Mulhern, 27, hit .250 (50-200) with 11 doubles, 7 home runs and 26RBI in 58 games with the Bisons this season (30R, 26BB). He hit two home runs on May 8 in Syracuse, but has been on the team's disabled list since June 29. Last season, Mulhern was the Bisons Stan Barron Most Valuable Player after he hit .290 with 36 doubles, 16 home runs and 76RBI in 130 games. He led the 2007 Herd in doubles (3rd in the IL), extra-base hits (54) and RBI.
Reichert, 31, was 1-3 with a 4.40ERA in eight games with the Bisons this season (43.0IP, 52H, 25R, 21ER, 15BB, 29K). He was signed by the Indians on May 31 after going 3-1 with a 3.40ERA in six starts with Southern Maryland of the Independent Atlantic Coast League.
For more information, please contact the Bisons Media Relations Department at (716) 846-2019.
International League Stories from July 10, 2008
- Tides win in extras - Norfolk Tides
- Late rally propels Tribe to win - Indianapolis Indians
- Knights Continue Streak - Charlotte Knights
- Bulls dominated at hands of Wings - Durham Bulls
- Bullington's time in Indy comes to an end - Indianapolis Indians
- Indians trade Bisons' Mulhern/Reichert to Pittsburgh - Buffalo Bisons
- Bixler Also Headed to Triple-A All-Star Game - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Notes - Buffalo Bisons
- International League News and Notes - IL
- The Bucket Boys, Bugs Bunny and Wool E. Bull's Birthday are coming up - Durham Bulls
- Indians at Victory Field through Sunday - Indianapolis Indians
- Great Clips Weekend with the Clippers - Columbus Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.