Idaho Beaten by Bakersfield
BOISE, Idaho, November 29, 2012 - Durrell Summers led the Stampede with 24 points as each starter scored 15 or more points, but Idaho fell to the Bakersfield Jam (2-1) 125-119 in the second game of a back-to-back to begin the season on the road (0-2).
Justin Harper (10 rebounds) and Coby Karl (seven assists) each had 20 points - each of Karl's scored in the final quarter - while Justin Holiday added 15 points, nine rebounds, three steals and two blocks. Sean Evans contributed 17 points and six rebounds.
Bakersfield was led by seven players reaching double-figures in scoring, with Renaldo Major notching 24 points on 10-of-13 shooting. Damion James totaled 18 points, seven rebounds and four blocks while Jerel McNeal added 17 points and eight assists. Brian Butch tallied 11 points, 12 rebounds, seven assists and four blocks.
Idaho showed improved shooting from last night's game in Los Angeles, making 47.4 of their field goals and 8-of-20 three-pointers, but had 25 turnovers and allowed Bakersfield to shoot over 52 percent and reach the foul line for 41 tries, although the Jam made just 26 (63.4 percent). Both teams hammered the offensive glass in the fourth quarter, especially the Jam, as they rebounded nine of their 11 missed field goals to help stave off the Stampede.
Idaho travels to Austin, Texas to play the 2011-12 NBA D-League champion Toros on December 1 and 2. For Saturday's game, the Stampede organization will host an away game watch party at the Sports Page Bar located in the Boise Hotel and Conference Center; the game begins at 6:30 p.m. (MST).
The team opens up the home slate on December 7 vs. Austin at 7 p.m. for a special night, Heroes at the Hardwood presented by Pioneer Federal Credit Union. The team will honor and celebrate active duty and veteran military personnel and their families.
NBA Development League Stories from November 30, 2012
- Mad Ants Defeat Energy - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Armor Fall to Skyforce - Springfield Armor
- D-Fenders Snatch Win from Red Claws - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Maine Falls in Home Opener to LA, 94-97 - Maine Red Claws
- Mad Ants Acquire Wallace - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- BayHawks Home Opener Tomorrow - Erie BayHawks
- Energy Home Opener Tomorrow vs. Mad Ants - Iowa Energy
- Golden State Warriors Assign Kent Bazemore to Santa Cruz Warriors - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Golden State Warriors Assign Kent Bazemore to NBA D-League Affiliate Santa Cruz Warriors - D-League
- Rockets Assign Jones and Machado to Vipers - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Houston Rockets Assign Jones and Machado to NBA D-League Affiliate Rio Grande Valley Vipers - D-League
- Toros Home Opener, Championship Celebration this Saturday - Austin Spurs
- Idaho Beaten by Bakersfield - Idaho Stampede
- Legends Defeat Toros 116-109 - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.